The Evolution of Atlas: A Breeding (and Chat) Thread

Just wanted to jump on here quick to tell y'all that maybe Vortex was a good name... or Cyclone... or twister? We had a tornado (F-0) touch down a few days ago! No damage other than to some trees (not on our property). Weirdest thing ever, and rare in the mountains. My husband was grilling and watched this one form. No watch of any kind, other than scattered storms. The tornado warning came up on our phones about 5 minutes after it disappeared.
20200801_184401.jpg

I mean in a perfect world I’d choose neither as well. I am happy I live in one of the few places in the US that doesn’t really have natural disasters tho.

I’m in the only part of Colorado that doesn’t really get snow, so no blizzards. I’m in a mountainous area, so no tornados. No hurricanes because I’m so far inland. No earthquakes. No sinkholes. We’ve never flooded. Tho there is a wildfire 20 miles north of the valley, but it’s also heading away from us

I’m in the only part of Colorado that doesn’t really get snow, so no blizzards. I’m in a mountainous area, so no tornados. No hurricanes because I’m so far inland.
My older son was born in Aurora, CO at Fitzsimmons Army Medical Center, which of course, is no longer there. My husband attended tech school at Hill Lowry AFB and we left when Michael was just 3 weeks old. I loved the dry cold there. Lots of snow, but never felt that cold to me, even at 0*.

Back
Top Bottom