The Evolution of Atlas: A Breeding (and Chat) Thread

congrats.gif

Atlas, the star of this thread, is now 8 years old. My old man is slowing way down, especially the last two weeks. I'm not sure if he's just showing his age or he's on the way out of this world, but his color is also off as well. He's my baby so I bring him special food quite a lot and his appetite is also off. I'll have to get a picture of the old guy tomorrow if weather permits. He's outlived all his hens except Dru and she's been too crippled to be with him for quite some time now so he lives alone in his pen with her in a wall cage over his head. When it's very warm, I put her out with a dog kennel over the top of her and he can see her and flirt with her, sit beside her, at least.

Atlas, the star of this thread, is now 8 years old. My old man is slowing way down, especially the last two weeks. I'm not sure if he's just showing his age or he's on the way out of this world, but his color is also off as well. He's my baby so I bring him special food quite a lot and his appetite is also off. I'll have to get a picture of the old guy tomorrow if weather permits. He's outlived all his hens except Dru and she's been too crippled to be with him for quite some time now so he lives alone in his pen with her in a wall cage over his head. When it's very warm, I put her out with a dog kennel over the top of her and he can see her and flirt with her, sit beside her, at least.
aww, the wee old man. I had a 9-year-old hen pass just a few days ago. she slept a lot, ate sparingly, and just peacefully passed in a nest box

Well, I tried. I made a video, was going to screenshot a photo of the big guy and the file was somehow corrupted, would not play. It's that kind of day. Sigh. I'll try again when it isn't like a furnace outside. Can't believe it's over 80* in the mountains in early March.

Back
Top Bottom