The Evolution of Atlas: A Breeding (and Chat) Thread

Peroxide, a couple times a day for a few days, should remove it. Don't do it more than twice a day, or it can cause some inflammation, which is counter productive. Careful it doesn't get into the eyes.

We treated his ears for awhile, then we got waylayed by illness. My husband caught something at a family dinner, but I didn't. Still, I brought the germs home with me in a neat package called my husband, and five days later after living with him being horribly ill, for the first time in over two decades, I caught something. Today, my fever broke, but I sound like Lurch from The Addams Family. He's been sick a few times and I never catch his germs, but I guess this one was pretty contagious. Lost 3 lb since Friday just because I had no appetite at all. Not sure about him, but I bet he's lost a few pounds himself.

I was putting antibiotic ointment in the ears and drops of colloidal silver. Hopefully, Bash is on the mend now. I have been down and out since late Thursday evening, forgot how awful being sick feels after all this time of no illness. My son also had a headache for days after the same dinner, but my older son didn't go, thank goodness because he has enough problems in his life at the moment. So, I was barely functional and had to drag myself through chicken chores when the man of the house was so predictably worse than me 🙄, at least in his estimation. It's some very contagious virus going around, not Covid. A friend of mine got it first-we don't live super near each other so she didn't pass it to me-so I knew what it was when hubby got sick almost immediately after a family dinner on the 17th. When I got it, same exact symptoms. I ruined my perfect record, darn it, and it's his fault. 😡He hasn't eaten and will barely drink because, oh, the pain! He'd better eat soon and drink, too, because he'll get dehydrated, which will play into his condition. I couldn't eat for a couple of days but today, it's much better. I still sound like Lurch, though. When I said hello to Bash today, he gave me this weird look, like "what the heck happened to you?"

We treated his ears for awhile, then we got waylayed by illness. My husband caught something at a family dinner, but I didn't. Still, I brought the germs home with me in a neat package called my husband, and five days later after living with him being horribly ill, for the first time in over two decades, I caught something. Today, my fever broke, but I sound like Lurch from The Addams Family. He's been sick a few times and I never catch his germs, but I guess this one was pretty contagious. Lost 3 lb since Friday just because I had no appetite at all. Not sure about him, but I bet he's lost a few pounds himself.

I was putting antibiotic ointment in the ears and drops of colloidal silver. Hopefully, Bash is on the mend now. I have been down and out since late Thursday evening, forgot how awful being sick feels after all this time of no illness. My son also had a headache for days after the same dinner, but my older son didn't go, thank goodness because he has enough problems in his life at the moment. So, I was barely functional and had to drag myself through chicken chores when the man of the house was so predictably worse than me 🙄, at least in his estimation. It's some very contagious virus going around, not Covid. A friend of mine got it first-we don't live super near each other so she didn't pass it to me-so I knew what it was when hubby got sick almost immediately after a family dinner on the 17th. When I got it, same exact symptoms. I ruined my perfect record, darn it, and it's his fault. 😡He hasn't eaten and will barely drink because, oh, the pain! He'd better eat soon and drink, too, because he'll get dehydrated, which will play into his condition. I couldn't eat for a couple of days but today, it's much better. I still sound like Lurch, though. When I said hello to Bash today, he gave me this weird look, like "what the heck happened to you?"
Yes my DH and I got the Covid. I brought it home from our church Christmas party. He did not get it for 7 days. He is still in bed with his knee replacement. He was only sick one day. I was sick a couple of days with fever. Now I just feel like I have a head cold. Lots of congestion.

Hope you both get well soon. I do think it is good for our immune system to get challenged every few years

Funny thing is I've never had Covid. My theory is because I've never had a flu shot or any other vaccine recommend, real or fake. I feel, as some have said, that those "vaccines" set you up to catch those viruses. It's been proven with the Covid jab that it makes a person many times more likely to catch it. I do not accept any vaccines, no matter how they push you at the doctor. My younger son who was also at the dinner had the CV test and it was negative, though I put zero stock in those tests. He has never had the jab, either. He has had Covid and ended up in the hospital and they gave him Remdesiver. He's lucky to be alive after that, geez.
This thing, whatever it is, may be a naturally occurring virus so not related to either one of those. JMHO. Anyway, I haven't been contagious sick in maybe 25 years until now. It's been almost a week for my husband. I started feeling off Thursday night, by 2:30 a.m. on Friday, it was full blown and now, my fever is negligible if not gone entirely and I'm doing all the chicken chores while he lays on the couch covered in a crocheted blanket. Women are just stronger, IMO, in that regard. I just sound weird. Bullfrog or Lurch, take your pick.
I know the immune system is challenged very time you are exposed to a germ. You either get sick or you don't. That is how the immune system learns, as you pointed out. I've been exposed to a lot of stuff over the past two decades, but never caught anything. Guess my number was up, the odds caught up with me. The only time I was really sick in all that time was after our house fire, from breathing in all the toxins and gases from burning plastics and such. I got inhalation bronchitis, not fun, but of course, that was not contagious, just a situational thing. I truly believe that if my husband had not brought this home, I would not have been sick because it took days for me to get it.
I hope you feel better soon, Julie (I always think I'm calling you by the wrong name for some reason-let me know if I am).

Funny thing is I've never had Covid. My theory is because I've never had a flu shot or any other vaccine recommend, real or fake. I feel, as some have said, that those "vaccines" set you up to catch those viruses. It's been proven with the Covid jab that it makes a person many times more likely to catch it. I do not accept any vaccines, no matter how they push you at the doctor. My younger son who was also at the dinner had the CV test and it was negative, though I put zero stock in those tests. He has never had the jab, either. He has had Covid and ended up in the hospital and they gave him Remdesiver. He's lucky to be alive after that, geez.
This thing, whatever it is, may be a naturally occurring virus so not related to either one of those. JMHO. Anyway, I haven't been contagious sick in maybe 25 years until now. It's been almost a week for my husband. I started feeling off Thursday night, by 2:30 a.m. on Friday, it was full blown and now, my fever is negligible if not gone entirely and I'm doing all the chicken chores while he lays on the couch covered in a crocheted blanket. Women are just stronger, IMO, in that regard. I just sound weird. Bullfrog or Lurch, take your pick.
I know the immune system is challenged very time you are exposed to a germ. You either get sick or you don't. That is how the immune system learns, as you pointed out. I've been exposed to a lot of stuff over the past two decades, but never caught anything. Guess my number was up, the odds caught up with me. The only time I was really sick in all that time was after our house fire, from breathing in all the toxins and gases from burning plastics and such. I got inhalation bronchitis, not fun, but of course, that was not contagious, just a situational thing. I truly believe that if my husband had not brought this home, I would not have been sick because it took days for me to get it.
I hope you feel better soon, Julie (I always think I'm calling you by the wrong name for some reason-let me know if I am).
Yes julie is correct.

I never got Covid until last thanksgiving when my DH brought it home from ER. I wasn’t fun but just a chest cold and fever for a few days. I have never taken any vaccine either except when I worked at the hospital I was forced to takethe hep b vaccine. Bad part was they would titter us every year and I was a nonresponder so my titter wouldn’t show up so I would have to take another jab

I hope you both feel better soon and can enjoy your chickens

. We will have my grandkids over tomorrow so it will be hectic but fun.

We have poultry show nearby end of January. I hope Togo and enjoy looking at some birds.

Merry Christmas
giphy.gif

Attachments

• 343240-Flashing-Happy-Hanukkah-Gif.gif
    343240-Flashing-Happy-Hanukkah-Gif.gif
    122.7 KB · Views: 0
I hope you get to feeling better very quickly. There are a couple things that seem to be going around right now that are not Covid. If you suspect it might be Covid, grab some Ivermectin. It knocks it right out.

I hope you get to feeling better very quickly. There are a couple things that seem to be going around right now that are not Covid. If you suspect it might be Covid, grab some Ivermectin. It knocks it right out.
Thank you, Cheryl. I have Ivermectin and HCQ here, took the latter and the supplements like mega Vit D and a few others. I don't think it's Covid, though I did start the Covid protocol I have put aside in a special box, all the specific things that purport to knock it out. Apparently, this virus is making the rounds and it's a real bear. The worst of mine was over in two days, same with my friend, Rachel, who is 3 years younger than I am. We are both mostly carnivore eaters. My husband eats closer to ketogenic, with some cheating with seed oils and such (he can't stop buying pre-packaged breaded chicken tenders at the store) but he is still acting like he is on death's doorstep. He was always weaker than me in catching stuff out in the universe. I mean, he's been sick once a year on average since we moved here and I never contracted whatever he had. My number was up. After all, no matter how purely you eat, it does not equate to a germ force field, LOL. I still sound like Lurch today, though.
I could kick myself for not pushing my husband to make our elderberry syrup sooner. I add astraglus root and ginger to it and this year was going to also add marshmallow root, all the supplies including berries off the bushes are ready to go. He just put it off though I would remind him that we need to do it. This is his pain condition not wanting to do anything lately that takes any special effort.

Back
Top Bottom