The Expecting Chick Momma Thread

Glad I found this thread, I can enjoy everyone's excitement while I wait for my first ever chicks. Have 11 on order from Meyer Hatchery due to arrive in March. 4EE, and 2 each of silver laced, golden laced and columbian wyandotte...oh and the mystery "meal maker". our original plan was for 3 and we got a really good deal on a cute dog house on craigs list...ummm...time to expand our coop plans!!!

Oops, that would be expected in MAY...I'm so excited I'm jumping the gun by a few months!
wee.gif

We have 2 seperate enclosures that are a little over 300 sq ft combined. I'm hoping it'll be plenty for the chicks when they grow. It shouldn't be too bad since the meaties will begin to go around 6 weeks or so. I'm so excited to get my cheeping package!

this wait is driving me crazy.
barnie.gif
i cant wait to get my first baby chicks. were getting our newest addition Elle this weekend.
yippiechickie.gif
Although im not sure who is more excited me or my DD, we are having a count down to Saturday.

@bama me too,i have the date on my menu board and subtract each day- today is 5days till girls arrive lol hopefully it wont be so cold for them when they get here wed. We have flurries and wind chill

I'm glad I ran across this post. I have wayy too much excitement for my babies to arrive on Feb 12th (give or take). I ordered from Meyer Hatchery, which is only about 2 1/2 hours away from my home. Still having them shipped though. I ordered the all pullet rainbow package (25 chicks), 1 silver laced wyandotte, 1 easter egger, and 3 blue silkies. Once you start you definitely can't stop! :)
I decided on the rainbow package because I love going out to collect eggs, and I would love the variety of different colored eggs. I also have made a tiny mistake last year in buying multiples of the same breed (some were for me and some were for my friend to take home) and one particular chick decided I was her best friend and as she grew I had a hard time figuring out which one was her. I was terrified I was going to end up giving her away, but luckily I didn't :) So because of all that I am very excited to have a variety of different chicks so I can more easily keep track of who is who. Still considering buying some numbered leg bands for the extra help.
tongue.png

I wish my feed store would give me an exact date on when they are getting babies. he just keeps saying sometimes in February. ugh that could be anywhere from tomorrow till 30 days from now. He should at least be able to give me a week.

I wish my feed store would give me an exact date on when they are getting babies. he just keeps saying sometimes in February. ugh that could be anywhere from tomorrow till 30 days from now. He should at least be able to give me a week.

Maybe they have an understanding with a hatchery or two. They have an open order date and get a lower price because of their flexibility. :/

Back
Top Bottom