The Expecting Chick Momma Thread

Yay, how exciting, will be looking forward to those photos! My babies will probably come Green as I added the Grogel Plus to my order since they are coming from so far away.
I'll take them with my camera as soon as possible! (Saturday :p)

I can't wait!!!

I need names...

I need a list of stuff to get...

I need a brooder box...

I need...

I need...

Grrr.... This is sooo exciting, and yet so stressful!

I'm getting 61 chicks on Friday from a friend!

Blue, Black, White, Mottled, Black Frizzle, & Self Blue Cochin Bantams.
Golden Laced Cochin Standards.
Mille Fleur & Gold Neck D'uccles.
Mille Fleur OEGB.
Black Sumatra Bantams.
And Golden Phoenix Standards.

I'm so excited! I haven't had chickens for awhile, just got done with the new coop!

Woohoo! Congratulations, everybody! Can't wait for pictures... I wish I had more pictures of my hens as chicks. Feel free to post any chick pictures y'all may have...

They weren't really chicks, but this is Miracle on top of Ella, the day we brought Miracle home. Ella was rejected by the main flock, so they instantly bonded.

402056_4522356700297_214568813_n.jpg

293101_4522357500317_1947567960_n.jpg

And this is the main flock (as chicks)... From top to bottom, Lily, Ducky, Petrie.

559176_3635163081011_856471809_n.jpg

Last edited:
I think so... Not sure though. Probably going to name them by personality... :rolleyes:
Name ideas would be appreciated, though!!

I always like flower names. Thats what I want to do with my next batch anyway. I figure it may be my only way to get flowers, heaven knows a master gardener I am not.

Petunia
Lilly
Rose
Camilla

Then old timey names

Martha
Betsy
Agnis
Agatha

:)

I'll be expecting 30 chicks on Feb 11 from Mcmurray hatchery. 10 Red Rangers: st run, 5 Cornish X: st run, 5 SLW: 4 hens 1 roo, 4 EE: hens, 4 Buff Orpingtons: hens, 2 Speckled Susex: hens. Plus 1 free mystery chick. I'm stoked! Only 10 days to go! Getting the stuff set up this weekend! :D

Back
Top Bottom