The Expecting Chick Momma Thread

i have 15 - 7 day old barred rocks pullets that are sooooo cute . i didnt take any pics today but they are just starting to get tail feathers and their wings are really starting to feather out . they are a lot more lively now and flutter all around the brooder and knock each other off the top perch spots on the branches i have in there for them to play "roost" on . they got their first " treat " last night - a HBe. and they werent interested at first but this morning it was allllllll gone haha were doing their first total bedding change so well see how that goes!

Got our 29 chicks from Murray McMurrays today, Sunday! My mailman called and even brought them to the house. All are active and eating/drinking good. They are so cute!!
I've never ordered live chicks before, but I have 25 Blue Andalusians coming the week of March 25th and I have no idea what to expect or what I should do with them first when they arrive? If you have any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

My one suggestion that I can give (still fairly new) is to get some chick saver electrolytes for them before they come in so you have it ready. They'll need it

My one suggestion that I can give (still fairly new) is to get some chick saver electrolytes for them before they come in so you have it ready. They'll need it
Ok I have that. I will have the brooder set up also but my main worry was just getting there to pick them up and get them home. I watched a video on you tube from motherearth news and it gave me the idea of buying toe warmers to put under them (the bedding) in the box for the ride home...whaddya think?

i'm an eggpecting mom as well.. I'm more of a surrogate mom to be more precise as I can not keep my chicks. My bator goes into lock down tuesday... so the wait is almost over.

Ok I have that.  I will have the brooder set up also but my main worry was just getting there to pick them up and get them home.  I watched a video on you tube from motherearth news and it gave me the idea of buying toe warmers to put under them (the bedding) in the box for the ride home...whaddya think?

If your post office(or hatchery) isn't to far away I would not worry about is as 25 chicks can keep themselves warm. They will probably be fine with just turning up the heat in your car

celebrate.gif
Hello I have a update for you . My chicks are all done hatching .
I started with 24 eggs an 22 hatch out is that a good hatch rate ?

I have a couple question for anyone that mite be able to shine some light on my last two eggs that didn't hatch. so that next time my be it won't happen.

opened the last two eggs and they look like they died at the end the first chick was fully formed no yolk left . what happend ? temp was 100 & humidity was 48 for the first 18 day and then up to 65 for the rest of the time. the other one was fully formed chick but still had quit a bit of yolk left. very sad moment for me
hit.gif

sorry I need to change the paper they mess it up super fast. Lol

Here are my baby fuzzies!

Primrose Fuzzy Butt BO

Rue Fuzzy Butt Blk Aust.

No name, still working on a name for this one, i want something hunger games themed lol

I planed on getting a EE chick too, but some lady got to my feed store, she ordered her own, and then bought out ALL of the feed stores EE chicks!
ep.gif
I only wanted 1! I mean come on person! i dont understand why someone would want 40 at one time, i just wanted 1
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom