The FDA and eggs

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by KDbeads, Oct 6, 2009.

1. KDbeads

KDbeads Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2009
    East Central VA
  2. staceyl

staceyl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2009
    I figure my eggs are less likely to carry it than store bought eggs because they are fresher and my chickens only hang out with each other.
    May be complete crap, but that's what I'm going to believe!

3. trilyn

trilyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    East Syracuse
    Who eats them raw...ewww! [​IMG] After reading the article and it relates with what I've read before, as long as you thoroughly cook the eggs-they're fine. Just don't eat them raw or drink them raw in a protein shake.

4. staceyl

staceyl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2009
    I'll admit to eating them raw - homemade caesar or mayo!
    And I defintely eat them softly cooked - prefer them this way.

5. RevaVirginia

RevaVirginia Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2009
    Reva, VA
    Your problem here is it's cable news. Besides CNN, if you're watching anything else you may as well be watching wrestlin

6. SunnyDawn

SunnyDawn Sun Lovin' Lizard

Sep 12, 2009
    Nor Cal
    Hey, everything out there is potentially bad. I follow the guidelines for keeping my flock healthy and proper way to collect, clean and store eggs and then I just enjoy! If I want my eggs over-easy, I'll have them over-easy.

I still like to go for long drives and I even still take baths, even though I know that a car wreck or a fall in the tub is much more likely to kill me than an egg. [​IMG]
    If I can't enjoy whatever time I have left on this planet, then what's the point? I'll keep livin' on the edge with my soft boiled eggs... la, la, la, la, la...[​IMG]

7. KDbeads

KDbeads Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2009
    East Central VA
    If we let the FDA and the medical associations have their lead eventually they'll figure out that the common factors in cancer, heart disease, food poisoning, etc are drinking water, breathing air and being alive [​IMG]

Too many people actually think the FDA knows all [​IMG] and believes all this stuff they put out [​IMG]

8. Nyrial

Nyrial Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2009
    Lake Stevens, WA
    Quote:Egg-zactly.

When someone tells me "that causes cancer" I tell them "nowadays, breathing causes cancer."

9. Uzuri

Uzuri Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    The problem generally isn't the FDA or the people doing the research... it's the news stations that take and dumb it down into OMG WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!11!!!!

Most of the time if you actually read the reports, they're just reporting a correlation and recommending more research to see what else if found out.

10. 4chickns

4chickns Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2009
    New Jersey
    Food poisoning is rarely deadly, and for the amount of food we eat, a rare occurance overall. I don't think it anything to stop eating eggs for! I like mine a little runny in the middle, too. [​IMG] I'm still alive.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by