The Feed store is out of our starter! Chicks come Thursday -OMG!

Castironkitchen

In the Brooder
8 Years
Oct 18, 2011
I am in a pickle! The feed store about an hour away - is out of our Organic -soy free feed!!! We were to head there tomorrow to pick it up and they sold out over the weekend. Does anyone have great starter recipes?? I saw the sections but man there are a ton to choose from. I can head to Whole Foods to pick up supplies.

Any help or suggestions would be awesome!

welcome-byc.gif

Did they have non - organic medicated chick feed? Put it back on them. Have you asked them if there is another place like Coastal Farms or urban farm supply.

When I had that problem I was able to get duck starter that is non-medicated. I don't think it was organic though, but it might tide you over for a bit.

I have to have a soy-free feed which I can't find in the area at all - hours plus drive. Was willing to drop the organic piece for the week but we can have no soy...

You'll have to ask at your feed store what you can get that is soy free. Maybe they can rush a shipment for you.

How many chicks are you getting? Can you borrow enough from someone to get you through until the new shipment comes in?

Just 6 chicks but honestly I know of no one out here who does Soy-free. The closest I can find is Ohio and shipping will be 40+ just to ship! Will look at Buggie food. Thanks!

Budgie or cage bird Egg food. Its specially formulated for baby birds and is mostly dried egg with a sprinkling of tiny seeds. You will need to provide babies with a little sand or tiny grit too though. Good luck.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom