The fish tank thread.

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by redrooster99, Dec 19, 2014.

1. waddles99

waddles99 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2013
    NJ
    That was just the issue. The plants were an impulse buy from a fish store, and they were high light co2 requiring plants. I can't remember names, but they were very fine leafed plants. They all died of within 2 weeks. Now, if I want plants I just have Anubis.

2. Happy Dad

Happy Dad Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2012
    Eastern Nebraska
    I'll be using silk plants :)

3. waddles99

waddles99 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2013
    NJ
    Oh, thats a great idea. I used to have these fake plants that looked great about 3 years ago, they looked very realistic. Wonder where they are now. I was gonna say if you have a puffer don't they eat plants or at least dig them up?

4. Happy Dad

Jul 10, 2012
    Eastern Nebraska
    Nope, the Dragon Puffer Fish is a big lug. He just sits in his cave and doesn't move much at all.

5. cityfarmer12

cityfarmer12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2014
    Missouri
    lol...yeah, it sure does :D

Yeah, i have seen oscars in the 55 gallons and they seen a bit cramped too me...way prettier when they have room to move!

Lol, Gary sounds like my turtle. Love him, but he sure is annoying! I always go to the pet store and find a fish i just have to get (telling myself that rocky won't eat it) and the next day, my beautiful (and sometimes expensive) fish are gone. Yeah, not too smart. *sigh* guess that tank won't have any fish but the pleco, goldfish, minnows, and danios in it until i finish the turtle pond.

I've always admired tiger barbs...so pretty! That tank sounds so cool!! Post pictures as it gets the fish added!!
    specialty fish stores are the best...for the most part fish i've gotten from them are more healthier and die less than petsmart or petco fish. :)

lol, sounds so fun! I'm in the works to get my other 20 gallon up and running again after our move...so excited! Also planning an outdoor turtle (and koi) pond for the current red eared slider and more rescue turtles...can't wait to start digging in the spring!!

6. Happy Dad

Jul 10, 2012
    Eastern Nebraska
    Quote:Someday I'd love to get a pond going also. Are you digging by hand or know somebody with equipment? I'd probably have to dig by hand although renting one of those mini excavators would be awful tempting, lol. Looking forward to your pictures.

7. cityfarmer12

cityfarmer12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2014
    Missouri

8. Happy Dad

Jul 10, 2012
    Eastern Nebraska
    If you get one I'll know who to call. [​IMG]

Taking a break from putting some finishing touches on the tank. I'll take some pics tonight.

9. Happy Dad

Jul 10, 2012
    Eastern Nebraska
    I'll get some better pictures soon. Still some work to do but here it is so far.
    [​IMG]

10. redrooster99

redrooster99 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2013
    georgia
    Love it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by