The fish tank thread.

Getting ready to buff out the inside today and my daughters insisted on a photo of them in the tank first.

And yes that is a parrot on her head.
big_smile.png

Getting ready to buff out the inside today and my daughters insisted on a photo of them in the tank first.

And yes that is a parrot on her head.
big_smile.png
Quite the unique fish you have there, lol. It's funny, reminds me of when we brought my 125 home and got it into the house - only then, when I saw it up against the wall I chose to put it on, did it hit me just how BIG it was.

So proud of myself - made a trip to "the" store (our favorite fish store - probably because it is just that, a FISH store - staffed by people who actually know their stuff and who stock the good supplies and species), to pick up some food and other little here's and there's -- it's a 45 minute drive away, so we don't go too often and stock up when we do -- anyway, I came out without a single new fish! I did, however, find myself getting sucked into some serious thought about what direction I want to go with my tank as I have become somewhat bored with the current setup, just can't settle on a new plan for it.......

Thanks cityfarmer12 they are really peacefull
I have taught one of my oscars to jump to get food from my fingers I need to video tape it.

Last edited:
Woo Hoo!!

Today was fill the tank with water day!! This is my youngest checking for leaks around the bulkheads.

The driftwood has been out of water for 6 months so it is not water logged enough to sink. I think I'll get some cheap pavers from Menard's tomorrow to weigh them down.
Also experimenting with some new LED lighting. Getting much closer to being finished!! Will probably transfer the Tiger Barbs from the 45 to the 300 on Friday and hit the fish stores Saturday for more Tiger Barbs to get the cycling started.

That tank with the Oscars brings back memories of ours. Smartest fish I have ever kept. We had a Red Tiger and White Tiger (some call them albino but they really aren't) in this 300. It was awesome to for them to have so much room to roam. My kids named them Zoey and Grovie. They were about 6 years old when Zoey developed some intestinal problems. Her belly swelled and actually ruptured. Grovie NEVER left her side until the very end. Shoot even before that they were almost inseparable. After she died Grovie moped and just was not the same fish as he was when she was alive. About a month after her death we found him dead in the tank with no signs of anything wrong. My wife says he died of a broken heart. I know it's just a fish but I think she is right, if you have ever had Oscars you would definitely understand.

Is that a Banded Shovelnose Catfish in that 75 with those Oscars? If so that sucker is going to get HUGE. Do you have a larger tank in the works?

What's up, anyone have experience with fire mouth cichlids? I am planning to get some in a few months so I would greatly appreciate any advice. I've done a lot of researce on them but still would like to hear what people say who have had them, because I have heard a lot of different things about them that seem to contradict each other.

Back
Top Bottom