The Flame Thrower.

I watched a clip on YouTube about roosts and they mention mites sometimes hide under a roost till nightfall then they become active.
This morning while giving the coop it's daily clean out came the flame gun and I blasted underneath the roost to make sure.

I watched a clip on YouTube about roosts and they mention mites sometimes hide under a roost till nightfall then they become active.
This morning while giving the coop it's daily clean out came the flame gun and I blasted underneath the roost to make sure.
:lau you're gonna burn that thing down yet.
if you know what you are doing fire is easy to work with
Ya until it ain't.
Lot of sh!t burns up when people know what they're doing.

And everyday all around the world more people safely use fire then dont
Well sure. I'm not saying fire can't be controlled and used safely I'm just saying sometimes things happen that isn't expected and accidents happen.
I just don't see the point in taking the chance even if it was only the slightest chance.
I'd have to re-read but OP didn't say they had mites did they?
Wasn't this like a what the h£ll I've got fire why not just use it as a just in case I might but haven't seen any?

You are right, I don't think I have mites, I put the powder down a while ago and I just happened to see something on YouTube where someone said a quick way to get rid is to burn them out.
I have this weed burner (I posted a pic earlier) and thought I would give it a go to make sure.
I was careful with it and like I said I don't hold it in one place, I more or less sweep along, but I also have a bucket of water on hand anyway plus I have an outside tap if I needed more quickly.
With the sweep motion the wood doesn't really get chance to catch fire.

Well sure. I'm not saying fire can't be controlled and used safely I'm just saying sometimes things happen that isn't expected and accidents happen.
I just don't see the point in taking the chance even if it was only the slightest chance.
I'd have to re-read but OP didn't say they had mites did they?
Wasn't this like a what the h£ll I've got fire why not just use it as a just in case I might but haven't seen any?
you are acting like its outrageous, Its just another preventative measure. there are common practices i'm sure we use here in the states that would be questioned just the same. we burn fields to kill ticks and stuff that may or may not even be there and nobody questions it, why not flash a flame in the privacy of your own chicken coop.

Back
Top Bottom