~The Forests of Avalon, A Dragon Roleplay~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gabriel landed a short distance away and pointed with his nose to the spot where it lay. Camilla strood confidently forwards, her claws leaving small impressions in the ground as she walked. As she approached the strange metal object, the dark energy flowing from it came to her as it had to Gabriel. But instead of shying away from it, Camilla drank it in. She closed her eyes and breathed deeply, as if she was reading something in her head. Finally she opened her eyes again "Interesting." Was all she said.

Gabriel watched from beside Darkaris as Camilla padded up to it, her blue tinted scales turning silver in the moonlight. She used a claw to scrape away some of the moss as Gabriel had done to read the symbols underneath.

I gotta head out for the night, cya!

After a close examination of the strange piece of metal, Camilla stepped back. "We need to return to Pelendava and discuss this with the council." She said, her voice guarded, clearly holding back information.

The dragoness scooted herself slighty toward the front of the tree to get a better view of their reaction, narrowing her vivid orange eyes as she studied their faces, keeping track of every subtle shift in their expression and the movement of their lips to get a vague idea of what they were saying. She would soon fly back to her land to report her findings, if any - but so far, their faces, especially that of Camilla, were difficult to read other than surprise and confusion. Silently, she inched down the tall tree and leaped to a lower tree to get a better view.

This time, her movement caught Camilla's eye and she whipped around faster then Gabriel thought possible. A low growl rose in her throat as her sharp eyes scanned the trees around them, meeting the dragoness's vivid orange eyes with her piercing blue ones.

Gabriel looked around wildly, not spotting the other dragoness as fast as Camilla had. Once he did, he stepped up beside Camilla baring his teeth slightly. Standing right beside her, he made Camilla look almost small beside his large, muscular frame.

As soon as she was noticed, it would almost seem ridiculous now that she hadn't been seen earlier; once she revealed herself, she was solid ebony with sharply contrasting, flourescent orange stylized skeletal markings. A subtle grin crept upon her face, twisting the skull-like markings on her face into what resembled a demonic grin, before she spread her orange-fringed wings and took to the skies for the dark, smog-reminiscent clouds that hung low above Mount Mandalla, where her large silhouette was quickly shrouded in the dense mist.

Last edited:
Gabriel tensed his muscles, preparing to launch himself into the sky after her. "No." Camilla said sharply, stopping him in his tracks "There might be more of them."

"Who was she?" He asked, shuddering slightly at the look she had given them and not relaxing at Camilla's order.

"I don't know." Camilla said without looking at him, as Gabriel followed her gaze, he realized that she was staring at the spot where the dragoness had disappeared into the clouds. Her eyes were narrowed slighly, not in anger, he concluded, but in deep thought. "Come." She said finally, spreading her wings "We must return to Pelendava."

Gabriel followed her, his expression confused and worried.

As she soared through the dark skies, several dragons joined her in flight, keeping a uniform shape as though they were a flock of geese, the orange and black dragoness leading the small group as they neared the barren mountain. "Lapis," she hissed through gleaming yellowed fangs, to the hulking dragon of varying gray hues to her side. "Yes, my lady?" he addressed her respectfully, narrowing his wings to dive forward slightly and meet her flying speed. "I have news for Lord Tenebrae, so I ask of you to send out more dragons to keep watch in my place. Tell them to avoid detection at all costs." She answered urgently. Lapis nodded without question and unfurled his wings to their full length to fall behind her once more, before closing them again and diving sharply downward to find more dragons on the mountain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom