The Fricken Chicken story!

Your silkies are so cute, I've got lots of broody hens and my silkies won't lay me eggs to put under them. They'll probably lay tell after I don't have any broodies! I did hatch several OEGB wit 5 toes, 1 molten Mille Fluer, 2 japs and on on the way. I've got a dozen or more bantam cross chicks, a polish chick, silkie NN chick, and a meat cross chick. And lots more on the way.

Your silkies are so cute, I've got lots of broody hens and my silkies won't lay me eggs to put under them. They'll probably lay tell after I don't have any broodies! I did hatch several OEGB wit 5 toes, 1 molten Mille Fluer, 2 japs and on on the way. I've got a dozen or more bantam cross chicks, a polish chick, silkie NN chick, and a meat cross chick. And lots more on the way.
I want to find some showgirls to add to my silkie flock.

I want to find some showgirls to add to my silkie flock.
Oh the'll put some character in your flock alright!😆 I don't really recommend getting frizzled silkie show girls. Threir feathers break real easy when rooster mont them.

This is ELizabeth.
image.jpeg

Elizabeth's son I'm selling
image.png
image.png

Here's Elizabeth's mom, here feathers are stronger and don't fall out.
image.jpeg

Frizzled silkie NNs might do better with a silkie rooster though, they're not as rough.

I how u find you some NN!

Oh the'll put some character in your flock alright!😆 I don't really recommend getting frizzled silkie show girls. Threir feathers break real easy when rooster mont them.

This is ELizabeth.
View attachment 2687377

Elizabeth's son I'm selling
View attachment 2687382View attachment 2687383

Here's Elizabeth's mom, here feathers are stronger and don't fall out.
View attachment 2687384

Frizzled silkie NNs might do better with a silkie rooster though, they're not as rough.

I how u find you some NN!
Omg I love your bald lady! Lol I just want some plain Jane silkied showgirls! My friend has a little blue one she hatched, she said I can have it. She took my very nice quality black silkie chick to replace her rooster. But it isnt silkie feathered. I have another lady who has them, but I don't want to accept chicks from her. No new chickens in my flock, unless from a tested flock. I plan on being NPIP tested by next spring. So I can sell my silkie eggs!

Omg I love your bald lady! Lol I just want some plain Jane silkied showgirls! My friend has a little blue one she hatched, she said I can have it. She took my very nice quality black silkie chick to replace her rooster. But it isnt silkie feathered. I have another lady who has them, but I don't want to accept chicks from her. No new chickens in my flock, unless from a tested flock. I plan on being NPIP tested by next spring. So I can sell my silkie eggs!
Do u have to to NPIP tested to sell eggs/chicks? Just wondering.

I'm proud of my silkies! 🥰 They have been throwing some nice babies for me. This fall, I'll probably rehome a handful of my girls, or at least move them to a new coop. I've kept back some very lovely chicks, I'll replace them with. That's the point of breeding right, to breed for a better bird? I have 12 silkie chicks right now. Only 4 have been tagged to keep.
View attachment 2685692View attachment 2685693View attachment 2685694View attachment 2685695View attachment 2685698View attachment 2685699View attachment 2685700
Seeing your silkies brings me such joy. That has worked out so wonderfully for you. 🥰

Back
Top Bottom