The Fricken Chicken story!

Pics
Paid my moms chickens a visit while I was grabing hay for my nest box. Sir Blackie still loves me! I really should have kept him!
View attachment 2324678
The big white fugly silkie rooster, is Mr Noodles father! He is a giant of a silkie ! Lol and we can't forget little Cricket. He come from me too! Cricket is actually Fingers and Thumbs dad! They are doing excellent down there too!!! I didnt get pictures of them though!
View attachment 2324674View attachment 2324675
Wow! Sir Blackie is gorgeous.

He sure is a looker! Any idea why he was picking on her? That seems odd to me.
I'm starting to wonder if there is a deeper reasoning behind Rori being shunned from her flock? She appears healthy, laying me eggs, nice comb color, good appetite too. Aside from her being broody, then molting. I dont know any reason for her to be picked on. Rori used to be my top dog. Her, Goldie, Ruby, Blondie and Falkor all have happily flocked together for the last 3 yrs. Up until this summer.
Even after Ruby and Blondie was put in time out. Falkor started being a prick. So last night he got added to the time out box too. They will stay in there for the next 2 weeks. Rori has Goldie still in the coop with her, along with all the babies. Goldie is a sweet ❤. She is one of those chickens who probably feel bad eating bugs, she is so sweet lol 😆 Got to love Goldie for that quality! Anyways, after a week or 2 in there, I'll start with Blondie, and attempt to reintroduce them back into the flock. One by one, with Falkor last. I dont know what else to do. Last resort, I may ship Ruby to grandma's (my moms) house for a month/or forever 😆 She is quite the plump chicken though 🤔🤔 Oh my... I promise, I won't eat my girls, maybe Falkor lol 😆 😂 I'm kidding!

My little seabright, I thought was going to be black and brown, is now brown tipped on black, fading into grey. I'm very curious, as to how it will look feathered in! It is hard to get good pictures, it's a typical seabright and doesn't hold still!
20200921_081051.jpg

It has a super long tail too! My luck probably grow up to crow 😆
20200921_081125.jpg
20200921_080952.jpg
20200921_081121.jpg
20200921_080950.jpg

20200921_081209.jpg
20200921_081235.jpg

This is the first time in WEEKS Rori has actually got off the roost to socialize, and be a chicken. Without me physical making her go free range. She is actually back hanging out in the sun. Being her normal, Bossy self. I honestly think Rori needed a confidence boost. Since there is 15 younger/smaller flock, she is realizing she can push them around.
I forgot a few of my other originals, Tina, Itty and Trouble. Falkor pulled her scabbed area off last night. So back to square one with healing her back up. Figured by 2 weeks, she should be good and healed before I reintroduce the other "thorns" :lol:
20200921_092706.jpg
20200921_092710.jpg

This makes me the happiest. To see Rori with Goldie outside together ❤
20200921_092447.jpg

Even back to begging to go out.
20200921_092544.jpg

Left to right, Touble, Rori, Itty and Tina
20200921_092606.jpg

My "thorns"... Noticed, I went to the extreme to even block their view to the main coop. Im going to make them a small run extension with my old garden fence today.
20200921_092802.jpg

I think my plan may actually work!!

Also for future chicken scalping... not that I want to deal with that again... the nitrofurazone powder works wonders! Best to apply when its bleeding so it sticks in the wound. This is the same as what our vet prescribed for our cat who was bite on his tail and had an open wound. Also said works in eyes and ears. I put a link to it below! Good cleaning with Betadine solution, and NFZ puffer is my "go to" for open cuts like Rori scalping.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/ideal-instruments-nfz-puffer

This is the first time in WEEKS Rori has actually got off the roost to socialize, and be a chicken. Without me physical making her go free range. She is actually back hanging out in the sun. Being her normal, Bossy self. I honestly think Rori needed a confidence boost. Since there is 15 younger/smaller flock, she is realizing she can push them around.
I forgot a few of my other originals, Tina, Itty and Trouble. Falkor pulled her scabbed area off last night. So back to square one with healing her back up. Figured by 2 weeks, she should be good and healed before I reintroduce the other "thorns" :lol:View attachment 2342647View attachment 2342648
This makes me the happiest. To see Rori with Goldie outside together ❤
View attachment 2342649
Even back to begging to go out.
View attachment 2342650
Left to right, Touble, Rori, Itty and Tina
View attachment 2342651
My "thorns"... Noticed, I went to the extreme to even block their view to the main coop. Im going to make them a small run extension with my old garden fence today.
View attachment 2342656
I think my plan may actually work!!

Also for future chicken scalping... not that I want to deal with that again... the nitrofurazone powder works wonders! Best to apply when its bleeding so it sticks in the wound. This is the same as what our vet prescribed for our cat who was bite on his tail and had an open wound. Also said works in eyes and ears. I put a link to it below! Good cleaning with Betadine solution, and NFZ puffer is my "go to" for open cuts like Rori scalping.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/ideal-instruments-nfz-puffer
She looks happy! Thanks for the helpful hint on the NFZ powder. I have not seen that before. I will definitely get some.

The super secret surprise!! 🙃 🙃:idunno

The breeder, I got my silkie eggs from is selling off her breeding stock silkies. She had some nice whites, a couple frizzle and some others. I opted for her trio if paints! I really did NOT want another Rooster, but let me tell you how sweet this boy is.
Meet Rooster, Henny and Girlie
20200921_144935.jpg
20200921_144914.jpg
20200921_133433.jpg
20200921_133422.jpg
20200921_133426.jpg

This young girl had a messy bum. So I trimmed her butt up some, she also had about a 1/4 inch of straw or hay stuck inside her nostril.. So I cleaned them up, and have the 3 quarantined in the empty trailer next door. I figured the little sun porch area of the trailer is a nice quarantine area, away from my flock. One of them sneezed. So I'm going to keep a close eye for now.
20200921_144854.jpg
20200921_144944.jpg

Back
Top Bottom