The Fricken Chicken story!

Pics
I feel like we are getting some where now! Still have to add a door, in front of my hubby and doing a hinged roof over the dog box for easy access to the door. Have to cut the door for the dog box and put it in. Then add babies!
20200809_162534.jpg

Wow! What an amazing beautiful flock you have! Chickies, cats, dogs, horses!! I am so sad for the amount of losses you and your kin have seem to have had this year. 🥺
I am not kidding you when I say that my DH would be really unhappy if we had coyotes like yall do as I am 100% certain we wouldn't have a garage anymore... but we would have a 2 car chickie coop and he could put the tools in the chickie coop we have now & park his truck in the drive or in the yard 🤷‍♀️
I really hope that the heartbreak streak has run it's course for yall. It really feels like you've had more than your share of it. 🥺

Wow! What an amazing beautiful flock you have! Chickies, cats, dogs, horses!! I am so sad for the amount of losses you and your kin have seem to have had this year. 🥺
I am not kidding you when I say that my DH would be really unhappy if we had coyotes like yall do as I am 100% certain we wouldn't have a garage anymore... but we would have a 2 car chickie coop and he could put the tools in the chickie coop we have now & park his truck in the drive or in the yard 🤷‍♀️
I really hope that the heartbreak streak has run it's course for yall. It really feels like you've had more than your share of it. 🥺
I've had it worse this year, than ever. All my attacks are during the day too. But so far everyone been hanging by the house when they are free ranging. It definitely sucks though...

We are getting somewhere finally! Babies mini run should be done today! For a project made of scrap wood and supplies, it is actually not bad. I didn't want to spend any money to make this. The only thing I purchased was hinges and latches. Dog box was free, actually has been passed around our family for about 15 years now. Still solid as an ox though! All the wood, was random bits and pieces we had laying around. But we made it work! Lol total project cost, under 20 bucks!

We have a few odds and ends to wrap up. I need a rope for my feed and water, to hang them. Need a small vent in the back of the box. I'll have to level the ground up today, then move the box and frame it in around the back so no breech holes. Should be safe after it's set and finished. Here is the general concept! Disregard the railing piece hanging in there. That's not supposed to be there. Pictures give a general idea!
20200810_203404.jpg
20200810_203418.jpg

Falkor
My big beautiful EE boy. We started off butting heads, when he first come here... He like to sneak up from behind and spur me. We get along now.. For the most part.. :lau He has earned his right to live out his days with me. I've seen him fight of racoons, hawks, and he saved his GF Goldie from a coyote. He is an excellent protector, and throws the most stunning hatches. He is also great with the young chicks.
View attachment 2229374View attachment 2229379View attachment 2229389
He’s FABULOUS!

Back
Top Bottom