The Fricken Chicken story!

Pics
I try to get pictures of Mr. Noodle.... but Nessy demanded hers be taken first :lau
20200916_083511.jpg

I kinda think Noodle is growing horns on his comb. He is becoming a little arse.... :idunno It is true though.... Soon as he began to crow, his attitude became much larger than he actually is! He sneak mounts Falkor's main hens.... then darts off like he knows he is in trouble. Lol
20200916_083527.jpg
20200916_083523.jpg

Here is a few pictures of the boys on their last day free ranging at my place!
20200915_120330.jpg
20200915_120307.jpg
20200915_120244.jpg
20200915_120215.jpg
20200915_120226.jpg

I had a moment yesterday when I could not find Phyllis.
View attachment 2335878

Here she had roosted early. Very early. Over an hour before sunset. I counted the flock, only had 5. Figured out it was Phyllis that was missing.

Now Phyllis knows her name and comes when called. I called her and called her, no Phyllis. This is when you start to think bad thoughts. Just two or three days ago a hawk killed a songbird on the roof of my neighbors house and ate it in her tree. Phyllis is small enough......

But the flock had never alarmed. I started walking out across the deck and pool calling her name and I hear a thump from the coop. She finally decided to come and give up whatever spot on the roost she wanted so bad. Out the door she dashed and to my legs.

What did she get for giving me a heart attack, treats of course!
I just love my 2 polish. They are so silly! Well earlier yesterday, I went to put my youngins back into their pen. So I could get the 2 boys caught. Well all 10 was gone. I'm thinking, there is no way they could of all been eaten!! So here I am, searching and yelling. Then my pap called and said if I was looking for a bunch of baby chicken, they was visiting and feasting on the food they toss outside! 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤣🤣🤣 I couldn't believe they actual ventured that far. Its really not that far from the coop. But it's a fair distance for a flock of 10 week old chicken. So of course I had to walk down there and tell them, they needed to chicken their butts back home...

I just love my 2 polish. They are so silly! Well earlier yesterday, I went to put my youngins back into their pen. So I could get the 2 boys caught. Well all 10 was gone. I'm thinking, there is no way they could of all been eaten!! So here I am, searching and yelling. Then my pap called and said if I was looking for a bunch of baby chicken, they was visiting and feasting on the food they toss outside! 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤣🤣🤣 I couldn't believe they actual ventured that far. Its really not that far from the coop. But it's a fair distance for a flock of 10 week old chicken. So of course I had to walk down there and tell them, they needed to chicken their butts back home...
My. They do try us so.

We got the Phyllis because my wife wanted a Polish so badly. I was skeptical and more than a little worried about how she would fit in. Well she is simply amazing and my little shadow. She may be last in the pecking order but she is super resourceful. She gets more than her fair share. What a sweetheart as well. It's almost enough to make me get more. 🥰

I try to get pictures of Mr. Noodle.... but Nessy demanded hers be taken first :lau View attachment 2335883
I kinda think Noodle is growing horns on his comb. He is becoming a little arse.... :idunno It is true though.... Soon as he began to crow, his attitude became much larger than he actually is! He sneak mounts Falkor's main hens.... then darts off like he knows he is in trouble. Lol
View attachment 2335885View attachment 2335886
Here is a few pictures of the boys on their last day free ranging at my place!
View attachment 2335890View attachment 2335892View attachment 2335893View attachment 2335894View attachment 2335895
Nessie has a right to be first. Beautiful.

"He sneak mounts Falkor's main hens.... then darts off like he knows he is in trouble" That is because, HE KNOWS he's in trouble if he gets caught. He will get caught and Falkor will remind him of his place at some point.

Mom just couldn't wait for Mr. Noodles. So I took him down and gave him protection. The only one who actually went after him, was her silkie hen!! My goodness what a little mean hen! Mr. Noodle ran to me like momma, please make her stop! Lol So I hung out with him, until he found his spot in the crowd by a couple D'uccle hens, and strangely his father lol 😆 I should of got some pictures after he settled. But it's not like I dont go to the barn every day anyways. I'll see him tomorrow! Here is his first interrogation from some of the flock.
20200916_112500.jpg
20200916_112438.jpg

Mom just couldn't wait for Mr. Noodles. So I took him down and gave him protection. The only one who actually went after him, was her silkie hen!! My goodness what a little mean hen! Mr. Noodle ran to me like momma, please make her stop! Lol So I hung out with him, until he found his spot in the crowd by a couple D'uccle hens, and strangely his father lol 😆 I should of got some pictures after he settled. But it's not like I dont go to the barn every day anyways. I'll see him tomorrow! Here is his first interrogation from some of the flock. View attachment 2336251View attachment 2336256
There is always that one hen.........Miss Toughy:gig

I'm glad he found his way after one last visit with you. :love

There is always that one hen.........Miss Toughy:gig

I'm glad he found his way after one last visit with you. :love
She was just being ruthless. Lol
Like I said though, he will see me everyday! Lol moms been keeping and eye on him too, since i brought him down there. He just down there chilling with his new homies 😆 I told her to make sure to keep him locked up. He is only a field away from his old home. He probably find his way back pretty quickly

I had to go find Rori yesterday... I was really starting to worry, because the last time I saw her was before my cousin had his dogs loose, while visiting... she was at my grandparents house eating. So I had to go retrieve, yet another chook from there :lau . At least my girl is ok. Neck healing nice too!
View attachment 2337202
Did she go to visit Mr. Noodles?

Did she go to visit Mr. Noodles?
I legit called my mother and asked her to check her coop for a giant hen 😂😂😂 funny thing, she went and checked for me! My cousin had his 2 golden retrievers at my grandparents yesterday, they are sweet dogs but young. I was worried to death they hurt her. But nope 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ she was just down there doing what she does best.. foraging for food. Table scraps to be exact 😂😂😂

Back
Top Bottom