The Fricken Chicken story!

Pics
I legit called my mother and asked her to check her coop for a giant hen 😂😂😂 funny thing, she went and checked for me! My cousin had his 2 golden retrievers at my grandparents yesterday, they are sweet dogs but young. I was worried to death they hurt her. But nope 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ she was just down there doing what she does best.. foraging for food. Table scraps to be exact 😂😂😂
She did not take anyone with her? Mine always seem to operate in pairs. Does she have a best friend?

She did not take anyone with her? Mine always seem to operate in pairs. Does she have a best friend?
She had a whole flock of buddies, she was actually top hen before she went broody this summer. Now she wants to be alone. I think Ruby is giving her problems. She went broody, then molted, then was attacked by Ruby. So I drug out the big dog crate to put my youngins in, and I'm going to put Ruby in the dog box run alone. Since it is not part of my main coop, maybe I can drop knock her off her high horse status.... Putting her in a cage still in the coop, didn't really help a whole lot. If she continues to give Rori problems. I may have my mom take her, as I'd never want to give her to anyone else.

She had a whole flock of buddies, she was actually top hen before she went broody this summer. Now she wants to be alone. I think Ruby is giving her problems. She went broody, then molted, then was attacked by Ruby. So I drug out the big dog crate to put my youngins in, and I'm going to put Ruby in the dog box run alone. Since it is not part of my main coop, maybe I can drop knock her off her high horse status.... Putting her in a cage still in the coop, didn't really help a whole lot. If she continues to give Rori problems. I may have my mom take her, as I'd never want to give her to anyone else.
I'm sorry to hear that. It's never easy to see one off on their own all the time as they are social animals. Tugs at your heart.

So last night all the babies was in the big run when I went to make my rounds. Well....... I was entirely to lazy to carry/chase 10 little buggers back to their mini run. So they got stuffed in the big coop last night. I suppose their integration is going to happen sooner than later. So here they are after their first night in the main coop!!
20200918_070642.jpg
20200918_070646.jpg
20200918_070649.jpg
20200918_070652.jpg

So last night all the babies was in the big run when I went to make my rounds. Well....... I was entirely to lazy to carry/chase 10 little buggers back to their mini run. So they got stuffed in the big coop last night. I suppose their integration is going to happen sooner than later. So here they are after their first night in the main coop!!View attachment 2338616View attachment 2338617View attachment 2338618View attachment 2338619
Done! They did it for you. Easier for you. Good job chickies. :clap:clap:clap

I just love this description. I can just picture you shoving them in the door. Get in there! 😆 🤣
The black polish found a spot on the roost. The other 9 gave me hell lol. So I sorta herded them into the coop with 2 random objects within reach. Lol I'd get 5 in, then almost have the other to the door, only for the first 5 to "waterfall" themselves back out.

There's a better description for you lol

The black polish found a spot on the roost. The other 9 gave me hell lol. So I sorta herded them into the coop with 2 random objects within reach. Lol I'd get 5 in, then almost have the other to the door, only for the first 5 to "waterfall" themselves back out.

There's a better description for you lol
That is how I remember it. I thought maybe you had some secret i didn't know about. I have a video somewhere of my wife trying to get Jabberwocky and Hattie into the big coop after I had taken down the small one they had grown up in. She only had two to get in but it was almost impossible. 😆

Hopefully they will go back in there tonight on their own. :fl I find it usually takes a couple of nights to reorient them.

Back
Top Bottom