The Front Porch Swing

Here's my tidbits...  My Wheaten Marans chicks are really growing out nicely, I'm REALLY excited about them for next year!! 

Congrats dalooras....I got my first egg out of my only Wheaten Marans pullet yesterday! :weee Now I just need to find her a roo....

TN I know that you and caj probably have something worked out but if you are interested in a couple more pairs, I am selling some of mine.
We didn't work out anything because I found out in AR according to ship you are supposed to be NPIP. Don't want to get into trouble. I will just wait on shipping lives until I get my certification.

Congrats dalooras....I got my first egg out of my only Wheaten Marans pullet yesterday! :weee Now I just need to find her a roo....

No egg throwing though! Those are too pretty for that!

Crystal once I'm inspected I can't accept eggs from people that are t certified per law. So shhhhhhh! Most of our birds have been tested, but with the amount the monster had its taken me sometime. I will still have to do some turkeys, but they are done different. I collect the blood, let it sit for twenty minutes, draw off the serum,and take it to the lab. Turkeys are tested for MG also is why the rigamarow.

I have a pip on my next turkey poult and we found our crazy broody hiding in the raspberries. It was quite a chore going through them with a flashlight looking for the nutcase. Last time she went broody she hatched 5 eggs that I gave her and got 6 poults. She mothered them for a couple of weeks and done. We gave her 8 eggs so we will see what happens.

No egg throwing though! Those are too pretty for that!

lol, I wouldn't throw that egg! Heck, I have it sitting on my desk, so I can stare at it! I know....it's weird, but hey! That's who I am. I am so proud!
and maybe your broody will be better this go round!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom