The Front Porch Swing

Post on the local Michigan thread in the where am I where are you section.

If that does not work try animals in need of free rehiming section.
Thanks Chiqita....I know absolutely nothing about poultry of any sorts.... I have been googling a ton about them though. My husband is actually making me rehome them :(( I completely understand tho because they are living in a huge plastic ware in my kitchen.... I bring them outside a lot and have a kiddie pool for them but they just stand by my sliding door and chirp to come back in. I live in a residential dubdivision in Michigan and I'm surprised none of my neighbors haven't called our sub association on me yet. I did the almighty crime of buying an animal that I couldn't completely commit too... And I usually no better but I bought them for my mothers pond thinking I could keep them till they feathered and after reading stuff online..... I would feel much to guilty leaving them out there exposed to all the elements and not having a place at night to b enclosed....she lives in a condo so it isn't just her pond.... I feel like such an idiot for buying them. I put an add on Craigslist but everyone that called seem unqualified to give them a proper home... I few people wanted to eat them :(( and I couldn't live with myself knowing I sent them to that fate:((( any farmers in Michigan who would like them......?..

I can't remember who on here has silkies. I have a question... I had several silkie chicks hatch some with vaulted skulls and some without...do the vaulted skulls usually give you the nice poof on their heads moreso than a non vaulted skull?

I can't remember who on here has silkies. I have a question... I had several silkie chicks hatch some with vaulted skulls and some without...do the vaulted skulls usually give you the nice poof on their heads moreso than a non vaulted skull?
When i use to raise silkies all my best hens had the vaunted skulls. The non vaulted were nice but the vaults just had crests that made you say wow!

It depends. Vaulted sculls are also a lot more fragile and prone to brain swelling and wry neck and neurological problems.

They can have more it factor but if you find ones that have it with more stable sculls you'll have healthier chicks.

Back
Top Bottom