The Front Porch Swing

Good Morning everyone,
This looks like such a fun porch to sit on. May I join?
I am from Wisconsin, about 1/2 hr from Green Bay. Just the idea of being able to sit on a front porch after this past winter makes me happy.
I am new to the whole backyard chicken community. Attempting to hatch my first batch of chicks now.
I am mom of 4 kids. 27,25.19, and 17. The 25 year old is my only daughter (becky) and she is married to a wonderful guy (weston). My oldest is Jake, followed by Luke(19) and Jeremiah(17).
I will be married for 30 years in Sept. Which is really odd seeing as I swear I'm not a day over 30 myself.
lau.gif

I am an RN. working in pediatric home care.
I have loads of seeds starting in my dinning room, and incubator of eggs warming in my living room and really bad spring fever. Looking forward to listening to all of your stories.
Welcome! Come have some tea. You will probably want yours hot today given the weather heading in your direction.

I told my kids they had to stop telling people how old they are. It makes me look like a very bad girl!

Who has kids? this is too cute for Easter.

I got tarragon and turmeric mixed up. They both start with "t". lol! I'm not sure if I have had tarragon. Sound like fresh is the way to go though.

Good Morning everyone,
I am from Wisconsin, about 1/2 hr from Green Bay. Just the idea of being able to sit on a front porch after this past winter makes me happy.
I am new to the whole backyard chicken community. Attempting to hatch my first batch of chicks now.
I am mom of 4 kids. 27,25.19, and 17. The 25 year old is my only daughter (becky) and she is married to a wonderful guy (weston). My oldest is Jake, followed by Luke(19) and Jeremiah(17).
I will be married for 30 years in Sept. Which is really odd seeing as I swear I'm not a day over 30 myself.
lau.gif

I have loads of seeds starting in my dinning room, and incubator of eggs warming in my living room and really bad spring fever. Looking forward to listening to all of your stories.
frow.gif
Welcome to the Front porch Swing! Come on in and sit a spell. Would you like some Iced Tea or Hot Chocolate? Come sit a spell and enjoy everyone's company. We love stories!

Lisa :)

Good Morning everyone,
lau.gif

Good afternoon, Welcome to the Porch. Dust off a chair or grab a hay bale. Sorry for the mess, but we are expanding the porch so we can have more places to sit. TexasLisa makes the sweet tea, and it's delicious.

It's always good to have another medical professional with down-home common horse sense. They are hard to come by.

Welcome!  Come have some tea.  You will probably want yours hot today given the weather heading in your direction. 

I told my kids they had to stop telling people how old they are. It makes me look like a very bad girl!  

Who has kids?  this is too cute for Easter.

I got tarragon and turmeric mixed up. They both start with "t".  lol!  I'm not sure if I have had tarragon. Sound like fresh is the way to go though.  

To me fresh and dried tarragon are quite different. The dried is more like dried basil in taste and texture (basil/licorice). The fresh has a texture more like rosemary, and the flavor is less sweet to me.

No warranty. Previous owner's installed it when they bought this house in 2005 (?). I've been here a year and half.

I do have good news! Well sort of good news. My friend came over and looked at my dishwasher. It isn't leaking from where the screws were, it's the seal. I can still use the dishwasher! He recommended that I get a regular front instead of the cabinet front. The cabinet front is keeping the door from closing tightly, allowing it to leak. It still leaks, just not as bad.

I may need to get a new seal or even a new door though - previous owners put a dent in it, may be the cause of the leak. Neither of those are a priority fix since I can still use the dishwasher. :) I'll deal with this next month.

I'll have to try using tarragon. I finally bought some last year since so many of the Pioneer Woman's recipes called for it. I love it! It's so good for you too. :)

I'm geting hungry.... Off to find some lunch. Or a snack.

Heaven forbid that you have to wash by hand.
lau.gif
After living with one for 35 years I moved a few years ago to a small apt. with NO dishwasher. It was almost a dealbreaker

Good Morning everyone,
lau.gif

You're gonna fit right in. Welcome.
thumbsup.gif

The biggest complaint I hear from the farriers is how it does in your back and knees.

deb
My husband was a farrier when he first moved here - went to school out in Nevada when he lived in CA. He is currently on pain treatment and had an MRI Saturday to find out if they need to fuse any more vertebrae in his back. So yes, many complaints about what the job did to him.

Sometimes rubbing elbows with the world on these forums produces levels of frustration that I normally do not allow in my life and that is when I have to remove myself from the whole thing for a couple of days until I can get it all into perspective again. You did the smart thing by retreating and decompressing because it's just not worth it and life is too short to waste it on such folks and things.
Well, I had a problem with a similar issue last week. Someone trying to tell me what the standard was for Easter Eggers. Boggled me. I even asked how they could reconcile a name for a non-standard type of chicken with a standard. I should have asked if they could point me to the standard as I was unaware there was one.
he.gif

Most of my doubles are really pointy at both ends. I can almost always tell. I have a customer that Loves double yolkers so when new girls start laying, I set those aside for her.
We have a chicken who has always laid eggs pointed at each end. I was excited - thought I had a reliable double-yolker! Nope, she's just weird.

But then again, I've suddenly become a little leery of straws in the mouth!
lau.gif
I used to help my cousins in NY harvest hay during summer vacation (back when we could afford those). I'd stay on top of the wagon and push the bales into place, then I'd stay there and hand them down. I figure the hay was probably pretty clean, but I sure as heck wouldn't stick one in my mouth now!!!

My daughter finally agreed to go on manic behavior pills, she says she notices a difference and is doing much better. YAY!!! There were the intense, excited highs for a couple of weeks and then the depressive, "I'm not getting out of bed" weeks.

We took the ducks out for another swim today - corralled neatly in an old baby safety fence. They had a blast! I love how they get soooo excited about getting soaking wet.

Since we just had to light the fire in the morning two days ago, I was totally unprepared for the weather today. Luckily we aren't having mega humidity yet because it's 82 inside. Yes, inside. Feels better than it sounds, all curtains are pulled to give the illusion of a dark, cool cave and my youngest just asked it we could start the fire because her toes are cold.
th.gif

It's my birthday tomorrow!! My youngest told me today that she was going to bake me a surprise cake and buy me a really neat surprise present. So cute! I would be happy with a hand-made card from her!

So thozer my tidbits from the past week! Hope everyone is well - Lindz, hope you get better soon! Congrats on the graduation and prayers for those in Ft.Hood.

Back
Top Bottom