The Gen Z Thread

My dad is telling me I can get a new phone, if I do all this

1. Bring all grades up to C+ or better through the end of the year (A's and B's preferred)
2. Verify with me that you're registered for the ACT test, study, and take a practice test. I would like you to do well on the ACT.
3. Begin study and set up a time with Mom or myself for getting your driving permit. I believe there are practice tests to take. Get a plan in place for taking the actual test with a date and time. Go take the test and pass.
4. Apply for at least 3 summer jobs.
Okay, so ACT stuff isn't that bad, I did a prep course after school where we discussed strategy and took the actual ACT from this year (don't think it was legal for my teacher to have it, but oh well), and went over answers. I use this practice book, and I'm taking the ACT next year. Depending on your academic strengths, it's either super easy or super hard. So far, I've gotten a 36 on everything but math, which is annoying, but at least I know what to study.

Chick-Fil-A hires as young as 14. I have several friends who have worked there for years and love it.

Permit is also not that bad- I have to start the process myself.

yay! i wonder how Many people got chickens for the first time during Covid? probably a ton.
honestly, i think mine is that i don't have go to go to restrants anymore. (i know, i'm so weird lol)
I got them for maybe the third time. I've moved so much in these past few years from apartment to house and back again that I wasn't able to have them. We're finally settled in a house, so we get to have a flock again. I missed them so much.

Also, curbside pickup for anything is fantastic. I hate going in places in general and making weird small talk with the cashier.

Okay, so ACT stuff isn't that bad, I did a prep course after school where we discussed strategy and took the actual ACT from this year (don't think it was legal for my teacher to have it, but oh well), and went over answers. I use this practice book, and I'm taking the ACT next year. Depending on your academic strengths, it's either super easy or super hard. So far, I've gotten a 36 on everything but math, which is annoying, but at least I know what to study.

Chick-Fil-A hires as young as 14. I have several friends who have worked there for years and love it.

Permit is also not that bad- I have to start the process myself.

cant drive and parents are busy. kicker is I need a job withen walking distance.. LOL.. we have party city, andys, a couple of resuraunts, etc..

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
24681012141618202426.... No, we do not learn the ABCs in CC, you can skip count until your 10 I think, then you have to memorize tables up to fifteen x fifteen. Um... I technically memory mastered two cycles, but I had a very pliable director.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom