The "get to 1,000 pages before 12/31/12" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree.

Outdoorsman44- You should always take extra steps to protect birds- they are pretty much defensless and depend on flight and speed to flee predators. In a cage they are nothing more than an easy meal or toy. Sorry about your loss poor little sweet birdie. Love your cat he was just doing what he thought was right or he was jealous. You can also use a super soaker on the cat everytime he gets near the cage- he will leave it alone after several tries- plus they need reminders about every two weeks. Also love your cat a little everyday and he'll be less likley to develop jealousy for the birds........ Heck I have a horse getting gealous of the chickens... she practically tore a hole in the chicken door while I was cleaning the pen, cuz she wanted me to give her the attension.
One of my horses tries to get into the chicken enclosure, we're constantly having to chase him away.
tongue.png

I wanted some Gambles but missed the season for hatching eggs and my Valleys were sent back to the seller because Arizona has a block on shipping all "lives" due to the heat effective July 12. Bummer. I"ll buy some fertile eggs from you if you get any from the Gambels or Blue Scaled.

10 years old? That's awesome! Goes to show what good care in captivity can do for life expectancy.
sadly my female scaled was killed by a cat but I will try to find some female gambles and another scaled then I would be happy to give you some eggs

Last edited:
I agree.

Outdoorsman44- You should always take extra steps to protect birds- they are pretty much defensless and depend on flight and speed to flee predators. In a cage they are nothing more than an easy meal or toy. Sorry about your loss poor little sweet birdie. Love your cat he was just doing what he thought was right or he was jealous. You can also use a super soaker on the cat everytime he gets near the cage- he will leave it alone after several tries- plus they need reminders about every two weeks. Also love your cat a little everyday and he'll be less likley to develop jealousy for the birds........ Heck I have a horse getting gealous of the chickens... she practically tore a hole in the chicken door while I was cleaning the pen, cuz she wanted me to give her the attension.
i forgot to say that it wasn't my cat, if it was i would have yelled at it.......this is worse

sadly my female scaled was killed by a cat but I will try to find some female gambles and another scaled then I would be happy to give you some eggs
Ahhh...I'm sorry about your girl. I have an outdoor cat that visits me quite often. What kind of cage did you have yours in? I hope mine are safe. I have a small chicken coop and a tall two story cage like below. Think cat can get them? My eggs went into lockdown this morning and I am anxiously awaiting. This is my first time hatching so I'm pretty excited. Out of 30 eggs, 25 candled great and I was unable to verify only 2 because they were so darkly spotted so I'm hoping for a good hatch. These are a mix of Coturnix. If I hear of anyone with females for yours, I'll let you know. Happy Friday!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom