The girls hated the oatmeal so what other foods for cold days?

Originally Posted by chicken gal

My chickens LOVE LOVE LOVE tomatoes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But that's weird. My chickens love oatmeal. But chickens are different. Has anybody tried popcorn with their own chickens?
pop.gif

Mine LOVE popcorn. Pop it in the microwave, let it cool some, mix in some meal worms, toss it around and they will KILL for it. chicken football at it's finest.

I give warm oatmeal but I mix things into it. Leftovers, vegetables, diced apple or even just cracked corn. My youngsters didnt know what to do with it at first but when they saw the older ones diving in they did as well.

You put the jar at a 45 degree angle upside down, (open end with cheesecloth or whatever down) so that any extra water drains out. The seed are supposed to be wet, but not sitting in water or they will just rot. I wasn't sure if anyone already gave this info as it was a long thread.

I have never heard of chickens not liking something. My chickens will eat pretty much Anything they see, especially the stuff I don't want them to eat.

I can't get my chickens to eat any thing but their food and scratch. I put watermelon out, they looked at it then wiped their beak in the shavings, didn't even try it. :/

Back
Top Bottom