The Great Chicken Run...!

hillfloweranch

Songster
7 Years
Dec 18, 2012
Los Angeles, California
After ordering 25 chicks to be shipped and losing almost half, I was afraid to order more because I couldn't figure out what had happened and feeling terrible over the loss. A fellow BYCer offered to sell me some of her adult birds to help me out. She happened to be thinning out her flock.

So I just had to figure out a way to get there and get them...well ya'll know me ...heheheh I drive for chicken! so I told my DD ROAD TRIP!! She is now trying to figure out how to have me certified! she says i'm nuts...my DH agrees with her but he's decided to go for the ride
love.gif
so ...it's 4am or now 4:30 and I'm preparing my one day turnaround to Nevada! But while cleaning the brooder and watering the current babies I guess I'm still asleep because as I turned the waterer over a Great Waterfall poured down onto a few of the babies...lol...guess they needed a bath. So they are blow dried, clean brooder fresh food and now it's off I go...here's hoping for no more snaffooos...

Road trip posts will be updated later. Wish me luck!

You remind me of the time I drove about 250 miles to go collect 40 hens and drive back with them in crates in my car. My car smelled like a coop afterwards and it took me awhile to clean that mess up... Good luck with your trip!

Back
Top Bottom