The Great Egg Shipping Experiment!

Pics
I thought it had been quiet around here. I got a second incubator going yesterday!
ep.gif

I candled this morning and it does not look good.I think there are only two that look like they might make it,but I put back 14,will candle again in a couple days.I did see one with a blood ring and was not sure about that so I googled it and I wll take that one out .
My shipping box was crushed on the corner so I know they did not have a good ride from N.C to Maine

Alright, Ron and SCG. Where are the pics of those fuzz butts? They must be getting some feathers by now!

Jess - your batch is looking good, I have also been looking with interest at your mixed ducks. You may be onto something, Penguin Ducks!

Gas - I see your problem in the first pic. It is marked "Fragile"! I didn't mark any of my packages with anything except the note to hold and call the recipient for pick-up. I only had one egg break, but Jess said his area postal workers were notoriously hard on packages!

Last edited:
Alright, Ron and SCG. Where are the pics of those fuzz butts? They must be getting some feathers by now!

Jess - your batch is looking good, I have also been looking with interest at your mixed ducks. You may be onto something, Penguin Ducks!

Gas - I see your problem in the first pic. It is marked "Fragile"! I didn't mark any of my packages with anything except the note to hold and call the recipient for pick-up. I only had one egg break, but Jess said his area postal workers were notoriously hard on packages!
Wisher....... say the word and you will have duck eggs heading your way! My treat........
frow.gif

The ducks at TSC nearly talked me into taking them home, they're so cute. I have to build some breeder pens, and some quarantine cages, and THEN maybe I can get some ducks - NOT before ( <--- for my benefit!) I may take you up on that in the fall or maybe next spring. I have a really great creek running through my property and it really needs some ducks in it.

Back
Top Bottom