The Great Egg Shipping Experiment!

Pics
Awe
Quote: Yes! No sticky chicks, so stuck ones and very healthy from the beginning. The incubator was set at 99.6 and 40% humidity. The Thermometer/hygrometer I use said it was at 35% humidity. This was my first hatch incubation in a Brinsea Octagon and hatching in a Genesis 1588.

Ron, how about some pics of the others? If you still have them......
I will get some. I sent them off to live on a farm in Redding. They are doing very well up there!

Amy is a Professional Photographer. I sold some EEs to her last summer and they are the photo for the month of June in the BYC Calendar!

I would not be surprised if some of yours do not make next years calendar!, especially the FBCMs with Black Betty the Broody Mom.

To be clear, I did not sell the chicks. They are part of a 3(or 4) way barter-Chicks for Duck Eggs, Hatched Ducks for Lamb meat. The Guy I am hatching for is getting Ducks for a friend. I do not know what he is getting for the fourth barter....

Awe
awesome numbers ESP in winter

I actually find better hatches with eggs that have been kept on the cool side versus eggs kept in heat.

As long as they don't crack.

And I had an awesome hatch rate with Wisher's eggs, and they were in sub-zero temps. I have no idea why they didn't crack, but they were insulated really, really well.

clap.gif

I have been reading this thread most of the day. Started with page 1 and just finished. Ron I have a question for you.....what was in the small plastic bowls with the blue lids that was in your hatcher? I have been so temped to try hatching in the egg crates but have been hesitant to try it. So glad you posted the pictures. I have a new ReptiPro 6000 incubator and I HATE it. My hatch rate has been worse than awlful. I have changed the temp and humidity setting this time and I'm hoping for a better hatch. I will be trying the egg crates this time but back to my original question, what is the bowls?

Back
Top Bottom