The Great Egg Shipping Experiment!

Pics
I have been reading this thread most of the day. Started with page 1 and just finished. Ron I have a question for you.....what was in the small plastic bowls with the blue lids that was in your hatcher? I have been so temped to try hatching in the egg crates but have been hesitant to try it. So glad you posted the pictures. I have a new ReptiPro 6000 incubator and I HATE it. My hatch rate has been worse than awlful. I have changed the temp and humidity setting this time and I'm hoping for a better hatch. I will be trying the egg crates this time but back to my original question, what is the bowls?
Those are for raising the humidity just a bit in the incubator. The lids have a slot cut into them and the fit on the edge of the egg turner. Two of them get me into the mid 20s to 30% humidity.

And of course:

Thanks for the welcome. I am so new to this site that I'm not sure how this all works. Been setting eggs for a long time but never shipped. I have always used an Hova-Bator but its 25 years old or older and it's on it's last leg. I have always had excellent hatches and now with the ReptiPro I hatched 2 chicks out of 24 eggs and they were NOT shipped eggs. They develop but don't hatch. I am sooooo frustrated. I have 24 eggs setting again and they are on day 10. Thanks to a bad experience that I don't want to even think about, I don't have any hens to lay eggs at the present time to practice with so I'm having to purchase eggs and I'm not sure how they are cared for before I get them. Another failed hatch and I may be in the market for a NEW incubator! I would love to try and hatch some of your eggs. Tell me cost and how to pay. I guess this will show my lack of knowledge but what is a BCM? Black _____ Maran??? Again thanks for including this newbie to your thread.

Thank you so much for the info. My curiosity was killing me. I have the opposite problem. My humidity in the ReptiPro is way to high. I now am using a lid off a Pepsi bottle to put water in. That is keeping my humidity at about 45 to 50%. Still trying to work the bugs out of this new incubator, but my patience is running thin. Again thanks!!!!

Thank you so much for the info. My curiosity was killing me. I have the opposite problem. My humidity in the ReptiPro is way to high. I now am using a lid off a Pepsi bottle to put water in. That is keeping my humidity at about 45 to 50%. Still trying to work the bugs out of this new incubator, but my patience is running thin. Again thanks!!!!
Does it have vent plugs? If so, remove them.

Thanks for the welcome.  I am so new to this site that I'm not sure how this all works.   Been setting eggs for a long time but never shipped.  I have always used an Hova-Bator but its 25 years old or older and it's on it's last leg.  I have always had excellent hatches and now with the ReptiPro I hatched 2 chicks out of 24 eggs and they were NOT shipped eggs. They develop but don't hatch. I am sooooo frustrated. I have 24 eggs setting again and they are on day 10.  Thanks to a bad experience that I don't want to even think about, I don't have any hens to lay eggs at the present time to practice with so I'm having to purchase eggs and I'm not sure how they are cared for before I get them. Another failed hatch and I may be in the market for a NEW incubator!  I would love to try and hatch some of your eggs.  Tell me cost and how to pay.     I guess this will show my lack of knowledge but what is a BCM?  Black _____ Maran???   Again thanks for including this newbie to your thread.

Black Copper Marans

Wonder what is in the box.

Back
Top Bottom