The Great Egg Shipping Experiment!

Pics
Well the rest of the eggs were late quitters. I had 7 out of 10 hatch from WISHER and 12 out of 19 of my own eggs hatch. Tells me I did something wrong. I have to go back and look at my temps and humidity. First run on my homemade incubator. I shouldn't have had that many late quitters. I need to look at the hatcher side. I am thinking an extended temp spike did it. Sorry the hatch rate wasn't better wisher. I know all ten of your eggs were moving around at day 19. I will get official pics up this evening. Went to do it last night and my battery was dead.......go figure....resolved now but I have to leave for school. Thank you again Wisher, your the best!
Congratulations!

7 out of 10 is good!

I am not disappointed with your results at all! I think you will be happy with the chickens from those eggs. If you decide you need some more, just let me know! I gathered 21 eggs on Saturday, but only two were Marans.......
hmm.png

I have an older GQF 1202 and I love it. Temp stay constant! Hatch rates are always above 90% and super easy to clean. I noticed not many people use the cabinets here. Is there a reason. I really want a new 1502 digital. The money isn't alot more then the brinsea!

I have an older GQF 1202 and I love it. Temp stay constant! Hatch rates are always above 90% and super easy to clean. I noticed not many people use the cabinets here. Is there a reason. I really want a new 1502 digital. The money isn't alot more then the brinsea!
The reason for the cabinets is steady temperatures and the ability to hatch large batches.

Getting away from Styrofoam helps a bunch with stability. Humidity is more of an issue with them too.

I hope you get a Digital Sportsman soon!

The reason for the cabinets is steady temperatures and the ability to hatch large batches.

Getting away from Styrofoam helps a bunch with stability. Humidity is more of an issue with them too.

I hope you get a Digital Sportsman soon!
I just don't understand why people pay $400-500-600 for a little 20-40 egg incubator when you can get a sportsman for $550 or so shipped if you shop around. I bought mine off Craigslist used for $250 a few years back

Quote: Some of us live in town and are limited to 6 hens. We still need something that easily hatches shipped and hard to hatch eggs(Penedesencas are nearly impossible to hatch when shipped) and have a very hard time growing out large numbers of chicks.

Imagine 100 chickens on a city lot. One day I will move out to the country and will then have either a Sportsman or a Dickey incubator. Until then I really have a hard time juggling all the chicks I hatch in the smaller incubator.

I hatched Bresse this weekend:

Some of us live in town and are limited to 6 hens. We still need something that easily hatches shipped and hard to hatch eggs(Penedesencas are nearly impossible to hatch when shipped) and have a very hard time growing out large numbers of chicks. Imagine 100 chickens on a city lot. One day I will move out to the country and will then have either a Sportsman or a Dickey incubator. Until then I really have a hard time juggling all the chicks I hatch in the smaller incubator. I hatched Bresse this weekend:
My point is bigger better incubator for the same money.

Back
Top Bottom