The Great Goose Rescue - Available Geese for Adoption

Iain Utah

Crowing
12 Years
Dec 17, 2011
This past summer, I rescued 100 very nice geese from a "puppy mill" type place. While I have had great success placing most of the geese, I have 12 left that need homes, which are:

2 - m/f pairs 1.5yo grey dewlap toulouse
2 - 1.5 yo grey dewlap toulouse ganders
1 - 1.5 yo buff dewlap toulouse gander
1 - breeding trio 1.5yo white african
1 - m/f pair 4-5 mo old white african

The approximate shipping cost (including box) are $125 each for the dewlaps, $275 total for the trio of whites, and $150 for the white juvenile pair.

I have invested a tremendous amount of time and money in saving these geese. My only requirements for placement are that they do not wind up as dinner or back in similar conditions from where I got them from.

Last edited:
Well Done for offering them a sanctuary!
Shipping them to me here in Quebec is not in my budget, but I would take me in a flash if you lived closer.
Want to share the story of the rescue with us here at BYC?

Thanks Lupa! There is a very long thread about the rescue mission on the goose forum, called "Goose lovers - please help!" The link to the thread is in my signature line.

UPDATE: one pair of dewlaps and the white trio have been placed, but the rest of the birds are available!

If I wasn't already getting some birds shipped in next month I would love to have a pair of Buff Dewlaps. I'm sure they'll all find good homes. Thank you for saving them!

~ Aspen

Wow! The geese are getting placed fast!!! Thanks!! There is still one last lonely grey gander available. Anyone??!?!?
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom