The great yolk color debate

Pics
you all make me feel normal. lol. i am obsessed with feeding my baby girls the healthiest diets to ensure their happiness and well being. i never paid attention to the yolk color. but i have started to add paprika to see if their was a difference. i couldn't wait to see, so i baked just to crack open two eggs (1 before paprika-1 after two days) no change and wow! my yolks are beautiful! i will try for 2 weeks, because it's like creating an artistic egg- and definitely proves the point you are what you eat & you are what your food eats! the little bit of paprika i added to the treat was the same amount of thyme, cilantro, oregano, and basil (lol) i already use...so, not really cheating...
and it made a fabulous pumpkin pie!!! can't wait to see all the results.

The coloring up of eggs may have health benefits; for the developing embryos. Critters I work with (fish and crustaceans) can be shown to hatch and grow better during early development when starting as more colored up eggs. Critters I play with (chickens) seem to be more active when hatched from eggs produced by hens that are free-range fed and producing more natural sized clutches.

10 days seems a real good number. I’m seeing deepening yolk color from what has to be the alfalfa hay I started to add 10 days ago. Will take another photo later today to show. I’m running out of previous eggs for comparison. Thinking I’ll find something yellow to put in the photos for comparison.

You can really notice the difference in a scrambled egg. Several weeks ago they were incredibly pale, and today’s toddler scramble was vibrant yellow.

10 days seems a real good number. I’m seeing deepening yolk color from what has to be the alfalfa hay I started to add 10 days ago. Will take another photo later today to show. I’m running out of previous eggs for comparison. Thinking I’ll find something yellow to put in the photos for comparison.

You can really notice the difference in a scrambled egg. Several weeks ago they were incredibly pale, and today’s toddler scramble was vibrant yellow.
You need to email DSM and request a Yolk Color Fan. Most of my yolks are about 10-12 on the DSM Scale.
20181020_104959.jpg

Just do a search, they sent me some for free.

Back
Top Bottom