The gross truth about ducks...

one of them will Poop and another one will come up behind and want to eat it.
hu.gif
th.gif

27. All the other farm animals find them gross too, not one cow, goat, or sheep or horse will drink out of it's trough if a duck has even looked in it
sickbyc.gif

Once they figure out what room of the house you are in and can sit outside of that window, you will get no peace if they want something. They know what door you come in and out of and will mob that area if sign of movement are detected, again you will have no peace until you give them what they want...its usually the dog food! If you think talking over the dogs barking over you while you are talking to the UPS delivery man, you have not had female ducks who want something, quack you out of any hope of communication unless your using sign language!

28. A brooder of ducklings that isnt constantly cleaned smells horrible
sickbyc.gif

29. If they dont want to be held, many ducklings will throw up and shake it all over your hands.
30. Don't expect to hold and duck and not get poop on your somehow....trust me, its on there feet too.
31. Sometimes the poop is runny and squirts all over

32. If you oversleep the 8am alarm, the ducks will screech and cry until you come let them out of their pen. They will proceed to immediately exit the pen, sit down within a few feet and fall asleep for the next three hours.

Thank heavens! I thought I was the only one who had gross ducks. I can't wait for them to be out of the brooder.

34. They will manage to tip over their water if possible and when you reach in to refill it you will get a sharp peck for your effort.

Back
Top Bottom