The Gun Thread

Pics
I don't have a dog in this fight because I don't own any of the three.
1709936622298.png

I don't have a dog in this fight because I don't own any of the three.
View attachment 3767170
I have an FAL and a PTR-91. If shtf and I needed to choose one to carry a field, I'd probably stay home. The PTR might be a few ounces lighter due to its poly receiver but the poly receiver would put it below the FAL for durability reasons. Either way, it's a full fledged 10 pound battle rifle. If I ended up going to the dance, I'd probably grab an AR-15 and an extra four pounds of ammo.
Screenshot_20240305-071739.png

I have an FAL and a PTR-91. If shtf and I needed to choose one to carry a field, I'd probably stay home. The PTR might be a few ounces lighter due to its poly receiver but the poly receiver would put it below the FAL for durability reasons. Either way, it's a full fledged 10 pound battle rifle. If I ended up going to the dance, I'd probably grab an AR-15 and an extra four pounds of ammo.
View attachment 3767202
The A-10 Warthog has to be my favorite plane! If SHTF I would probably opt for something lighter in a .308 too, maybe like my HK-51. And a good set of earplugs.
IMG_9865.JPG

The A-10 Warthog has to be my favorite plane! If SHTF I would probably opt for something lighter in a .308 too, maybe like my HK-51. And a good set of earplugs.View attachment 3767394
Do you reload and, if so, have you worked up a 7.62x51 load that's optimized for a short barrel? That's gotta throw a real fireball! I had a buddy in high school that ran over his Mosin Nagant and cut it off at the end, ending up with a 16 inch-ish barrel. Maybe less. With the 7.62x54R ammo, it would make a massive fireball. It would also blow a lot of unburned powder downrange as well, which we found out when some was touched off by a falling spark and the chain jumping powder flashes had people scrambling for distance.

Do you reload and, if so, have you worked up a 7.62x51 load that's optimized for a short barrel? That's gotta throw a real fireball! I had a buddy in high school that ran over his Mosin Nagant and cut it off at the end, ending up with a 16 inch-ish barrel. Maybe less. With the 7.62x54R ammo, it would make a massive fireball. It would also blow a lot of unburned powder downrange as well, which we found out when some was touched off by a falling spark and the chain jumping powder flashes had people scrambling for distance.
Although I reloaded for competition Pistol, rifle and shotgun and I trust my loading ability it is not recommended to shoot reloads in full auto. So, no I did not and you are totally correct, the fireball is blinding in low light conditions and loud as hell.

When my employees got a little lapse and did not do a good job of sweeping the range floors we would have little sizzle fires creep across the range floor, mostly on the 100 yard high power rifle range.

Back
Top Bottom