The Gun Thread

Pics
When we were in Tombstone AZ there was a gun store that had an indoor shooting range.
If I remember right, for $5 they would load a "Six Shooter" and you could blast away at the silhouette of a gunslinger. (They were Ruger .45 Blackhawks shooting a .44 Special case with a wax bullet.)
We had kids from 3 families with us and as long as they wanted to shoot, I kept passing the cash. What a great day!
I couldn't find them on the net, I hope they're still in business.

When we first took DD to shoot I tried to steer her toward the .22 rifle.
Nope. She wanted the 629 S&W, 6" barrel. With .44 specials it almost 'felt' like shooting a .22.
The second gun I ever bought was a S&W 629, the result of Dirty Harry movies. For me it was one of those magical firearms that I could not miss the target with. I loved that gun so much I had to buy every variation and length of it. Many years later when shooting league with a different 629 I would download full wadcutters in .44 spl cases. It was a dream to shoot and I thought I was pretty good until I found shooting Bullseye competition pistol, but that is a story in itself. Sally would understand.
IMG_9265.JPG

Back
Top Bottom