The Hatch That BYC Built (aka Frieda vs. the Brinsea!) (Warning--pic heavy)

I'm looking forward to following your thread and in seeing which does better... Frieda or Brinsea
smile.png

thumbsup.gif

gig.gif
lau.gif
Never going to incubate!!!!!
lau.gif
gig.gif

I said quiet at the back
tongue2.gif

Nice. I'm curious to see Frieda vs. Brinsea!!
Me too!

Love the backstory Now back to lurk mode.
Thanks!

What's the bedding Frieda's on? Looks like shredded newspaper.

I saw a post on another thread this evening where someone said they put 2 dozen under their hen, so Frieda should be able to handle her 9 just fine.
I work at a school, so I have shredded office paper in the nestboxes. I've got deep litter in the coop, though it's really more like deep bedding.

I really don't think Frieda's quite big enough to cover 2 dozen LF eggs...

Looking forward to following your hatch!! Wishing you & Frieda (& the brinsea) the best!!
Thanks!

You know I gotta follow this...
big_smile.png

Funny, you said 18 is all that would fit but I sent 20 in case of breakage... none break but you STILL manage to make all 20 fit...
gig.gif
Where there's a will, and a lot of stubbornness...
gig.gif
That said, if they'd all been BCM, I don't think I could've gotten any extra in.

I'm looking forward to following your thread and in seeing which does better... Frieda or Brinsea
smile.png
We'll have to go by percentages, since I split the eggs 9 and 11 instead of 10 and 10
thumbsup.gif

I said quiet at the back:plbb

Me too!

Thanks!

I work at a school, so I have shredded office paper in the nestboxes. I've got deep litter in the coop, though it's really more like deep bedding.

Thanks!

Where there's a will, and a lot of stubbornness...:gig That said, if they'd all been BCM, I don't think I could've gotten any extra in.

We'll have to go by percentages, since I split the eggs 9 and 11 instead of 10 and 10:thumbsup

Be glad all the BCM's weren't like this...

96 gram whopper, lol... although, it would be interesting to see Frieda trying to cover 9 of these... :gig

I said quiet at the back
tongue2.gif

Me too!

Thanks!

Thanks!

Where there's a will, and a lot of stubbornness...
gig.gif
That said, if they'd all been BCM, I don't think I could've gotten any extra in.

We'll have to go by percentages, since I split the eggs 9 and 11 instead of 10 and 10
thumbsup.gif
My $$'s on Frieda! GO Frieda, GO!
ya.gif

I wish I had a broody to do a comparison with also. Your thread is going to be exciting and FUN! You should do one of the polls and see who is for Freida and who is for the Brinsea
smile.png
but I think we'd all be pulling for Frieda. GO GIRL!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom