The Hatch That BYC Built (aka Frieda vs. the Brinsea!) (Warning--pic heavy)

I said quiet at the back:plbb

Me too!

Thanks!

I work at a school, so I have shredded office paper in the nestboxes. I've got deep litter in the coop, though it's really more like deep bedding.

I really don't think Frieda's quite big enough to cover 2 dozen LF eggs...

Thanks!

Where there's a will, and a lot of stubbornness...:gig That said, if they'd all been BCM, I don't think I could've gotten any extra in.

We'll have to go by percentages, since I split the eggs 9 and 11 instead of 10 and 10:thumbsup

Freida could have coved 2 dozen eggs! My tiny Cream Legbar sat on 16 eggs, and all but 2 hatched She had a better percentage then my incubator!!
1f423.png
1f423.png
1f423.png
1f423.png
1f603.png
1f603.png
1f603.png
1f423.png
1f423.png
1f423.png

Freida could have coved 2 dozen eggs! My tiny Cream Legbar sat on 16 eggs, and all but 2 hatched She had a better percentage then my incubator!!
1f423.png
1f423.png
1f423.png
1f423.png
1f603.png
1f603.png
1f603.png
1f423.png
1f423.png
1f423.png

That time 'round, she just barely covered the ones I gave her. This time 'round, she's not broody. I got the eggs now instead of waiting for Frieda 'cause Ravyn's downsizing (has now downsized those breeds) and my half of the swap was done a while ago (we were waiting for Frieda). I'd agonized over the fact that I'd promised not to incubate unless we had a broody going at the same time, but it turned out my husband didn't care. I foresee this being a dangerous thing...

That time 'round, she just barely covered the ones I gave her. This time 'round, she's not broody. I got the eggs now instead of waiting for Frieda 'cause Ravyn's downsizing (has now downsized those breeds) and my half of the swap was done a while ago (we were waiting for Frieda). I'd agonized over the fact that I'd promised not to incubate unless we had a broody going at the same time, but it turned out my husband didn't care. I foresee this being a dangerous thing...

Ya know, I still have Am's... and Legbars... blue contrasts nicely with those dark browns and creams...

Oh, and Calls... :oops:

Quote:
*insert normal Calls wish-rant--doing online job right now
wink.png
* If we're ever at a place where we can have 'em, I'll know where to go--and I'll swap you as much fudge as you'd like!

I actually prefer clean-faced birds, and am not too keen on crests (yeah, I know, but the Sulmtalers candle so nicely!) though my EEs (and my Orloff before them) have softened me up some towards cheeks and beards, so long as they're modest. Nothing like show-quality Favs--those girls look headless!

*insert normal Calls wish-rant--doing online job right now ;) * If we're ever at a place where we can have 'em, I'll know where to go--and I'll swap you as much fudge as you'd like!

I actually prefer clean-faced birds, and am not too keen on crests (yeah, I know, but the Sulmtalers candle so nicely!) though my EEs (and my Orloff before them) have softened me up some towards cheeks and beards, so long as they're modest. Nothing like show-quality Favs--those girls look headless!

lol... the Sulmtaler hens have bigger crests than my Legbar hens... theirs are actually on the smaller side for crests... and my Am's don't look headless, thankfully!!!

Or I got Araucanas too... :D ;)

Quote:
Cream's easier to candle than blue, though, isn't it?
wink.png

Your Araucanas are bantams, though, aren't they? Though if PaperKid or Notepad want to do poultry for 4H next year, bantams would be good... (I think they didn't want to do poultry 'cause the chickens are mine...)

Sheesh, you'd think we were friends or somethin' with all this banter
wink.png

Cream's easier to candle than blue, though, isn't it? ;)

Your Araucanas are bantams, though, aren't they? Though if PaperKid or Notepad want to do poultry for 4H next year, bantams would be good... (I think they didn't want to do poultry 'cause the chickens are mine...)

Sheesh, you'd think we were friends or somethin' with all this banter ;)

Only 1 of my Legbar hens is double blue egg gene, and a couple of my Am's... so theirs are the hardest to candle, the rest aren't too bad... much easier than the Marans...

I have bantam AND lf Araucanas, though the lf need a LOT of work... :/

Nah, not friends at all... just some cyber strangers haggling over breeds... :D ;)

I just realized that last bit came out wrong... I meant, if someone didn't know us, it could read as taking potshots on both sides...

Mm, yum, tasty foot!

:lau

I thought it was a perfectly understandable comment... :plbb

Back
Top Bottom