The Hatch That BYC Built (aka Frieda vs. the Brinsea!) (Warning--pic heavy)

Yep, I was going dry, though the hygrometer (that I'd done the salt test on, with it showing to be 7% low) was showing around 40%
hmm.png
I filled both the wells, and I hope that the aircells stay where they are for now.

My stomach was sinking with the Sulmtaler eggs until I hit #4 (I think there was some movement there, but I can't remember).

I was getting worried too, but the last 3 look good... wish we could see what's going on under Frieda, but I think you like your hands to stay attached to you, right? :D ;)

And I can always send more (probably Spring now though) if ya want... am just a PM away... :thumbsup

I am rooting for Frieda, you go girl
jumpy.gif
How many more days?

One more week for both--I gave eggs to each contestant within half an hour of each other
wink.png
To be technical, Day 21 starts around 3pm on Sunday, November 8.

Oh, wait, time change--make that 4pm.

And I just realized that I'll be nicely distracted from hovering over the 'bator on Saturday--a bunch of my friends and I are going over to the house of one of the group and watching The Princess Bride. D, whose home we'll be at, has never seen it. This, of course, must be remedied!

Wow, big air cells on the BCM's? Are you dry there currently? If so, then yeah, I'd might give them a bit of humidity...

2 does look like a quitter, and I'm kinda questioning 1 & 3, truthfully... but 4, 5, and 6 look great!!!

Go chickies, Go!!!
jumpy.gif
I was thinking the same about 1&2 possibly 3.

There's someone who has not seen The Princess Bride??? INCONCEIVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, must remedy that!

Day 18!

3 of the BCM eggs are nice and full of darkness, but 2 were glowing from top to bottom, so I took them out. The aircells are still a bit large, at up to about 1/3 the egg. I may have seen movement in one, at the membrane.

Pics! 2 of each of the Sulmtaler eggs, even the quitters.

Didn't realize that one was so dark...

Quitter

Dark when lit from the top, quitter from the bottom.

Altogether, there were 3 Sulmtaler eggs I pulled, leaving me with 3 of each breed. I put cut up sponges in the Brinsea, and I will check the hygrometer in a bit.

I stopped turning after the day 14 candle, and tried to set the remaining half dozen eggs upright for hatching. However, I couldn't fit all 6 on one side, so I do have 2 lying down, since they fell over when I slid the tray in.

Dang it on the quitters, but yay for the rest!!

And good pic and showing why candling from both ends is a good thing... :)

I don't see bad saddle cells, so laying down should be fine... :fl for the hatching!!! Hope Frieda is doing well too!!

Back
Top Bottom