The Hatch That BYC Built (aka Frieda vs. the Brinsea!) (Warning--pic heavy)

(a toilet paper tube may or may not have been involved
hide.gif
)
gig.gif

Hoping for a good sign.
x2

I heard a peep! Just one, and it wasn't very loud, but definitely coming from the 'bator. Hearing it was made even better by the fact that my 7-year-old has set up a stool and pillow by the incubator, and I was afraid it'd be for naught.

So... Do I get a week-old companion tomorrow, or a newly-arrived-at-the-feedstore companion on Friday? Of course, I could call the other feedstore, too, and see how old theirs are... FB is worth a shot, too (this time of year, I don't have time to make a day trip out of getting company, so it's just as well I don't have to).

Fairly clean eggshell.

Is this just unabsorbed yolk? Doesn't hang down far enough to get stepped on, there's no one else to peck it, and I'm using a puppy pad. Do I still need to do the cup thing?

Under the MHP

thumbsup.gif
Thanks! My 7-year-old had a tiny stuffed animal she was willing to sacrifice (I told her that it'd get tossed, most likely) so Fudge has something to cuddle with under the pad until I get chicks on Friday. And I already have someone that will buy the extras in a few weeks! And I will have enough eggs by then that I can sell to the feedstore that will pay for the chicks! So now I just have to hope that Fudge is a pullet
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom