The Heritage Rhode Island Red Site

Bird One..I like this bird. I think it is a pullet

I think this might also be a pullet..Her stance is a bit off, she has nice deep color, tight wings

This one might be a cockerel

I think this is a pullet..tiny lil thing next to everyone else.

Bird One..I like this bird. I think it is a pullet

I think this might also be a pullet..Her stance is a bit off, she has nice deep color, tight wings

I think this is a pullet..tiny lil thing next to everyone else.
They all look like pullets to me...

delisha are the first two pics of the same bird? When you had posted their pics a few weeks back I thought I saw 2 cockerels and 3 pullets but I don't see the second cockerel now in these pics.

Penny

delisha are the first two pics of the same bird? When you had posted their pics a few weeks back I thought I saw 2 cockerels and 3 pullets but I don't see the second cockerel now in these pics.

Penny
I did not take picks of all of the chicks. I have 5 of them and yes the first two pics are the same bird. I need to band them soon or I will not be able to tell them apart. I have one of them in the basement I am treating. She injured her neck trying to fly and flew right into a wall. I was thinking of culling, but, she seems a bit better today. She eats and drinks pretty good.

I agree. Looks like a cockerel to me too. My chicks are about ten weeks. Combs and wattles exactly a like. This chick of yours has more color and size in them at seven weeks than mine at ten weeks.
You at least have enough chicks to look at for comparison. They look to be nice sized chicks. Are yours vocal? My are cheeping and a chirping away 24/7. I think they even talk in their sleep! Hah! I really like them. On pins and needles here, and itching to get going with the big ones.

Quote: they are so quiet..I have never had chickens so quiet. They do not cheep like others..they make this cute noise like chipping. I am happy with size. They are keeping up with my big cows. If they continue growing at the same rate I would expect 8-10 lbs at maturity with these too. All except that tiny little one. That thing is a squirt.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom