The Heritage Rhode Island Red Site

1f60d.png
All of these great looking RHODE ISLAND ROOSTERS keep the pictures coming I never get enough of looking at RHODE ISLAND Roosters

I can't wait to have some of these..I'm working on getting another bator (that shouod go over great with the DH considering I've already bought 2 this year) but everyone knows if you use LG,you have to have a separate for hatching..right??
But as soon as there is going to be room in my incu, some of these beauties will be going in..

I am very happy that this RIR thread is still alive. I have been out of the loop for a long time. Jimmy I am not sure if ur Mohawks are still from the ones I sent you or not. I think they were from my second year after I got my start from Greg Chamness. I still have a few but did not hatch enough to cull or improve--- divorce etc etc. I am going to start all over this fall with some chicks from a breeder in Ill. He sent pictures and they are pretty nice. He got them from a very closed flock and is very excited about them. I would need to go back in my notes to find out more about them. Not real excited about fall chicks but will take what I can get. He is an APA judge so I have a lot of hope for them. New wife supports the project so hopefully the hatching room can open up again. I miss Bob. Still have some of his old emails. I will keep them
Hi Paul,
Like you, I don't spend much time on here anymore. Not just the BYC, I don't spend much time on the computer anymore. My eyes are really failing me. I do still have the Mohawk but they are not the ones that came from you. I got a new start with them from Matt. These are from the same birds that Greg started with but I've found that there is a huge difference in them. I hatched quite a few last year and sent them to folks but then quite selling hatching eggs and day old chicks. Just got to be to much for me to take care of. I even got rid of all my incubators except my little Brinsea. I hatched one small batch a couple of weeks ago and a friend of mine took them so I have eggs in there again right now and I have a broody hen with eggs under her from the Reese birds. I just can't handle the winters well anymore so I only keep enough for my egg customers. LOL Just plan on hatching enough to keep these great lines going.
I'm adding a couple of pictures of the two pens I have with my Reese birds. I'm also working on something just for myself. LOL Wishing you all the best and hope you get started back up with these great birds. Sorry for all your troubles. Good hearing from you. I still have my website. the address is at the bottom of my posts. Take a look and you will see all that I have/had. These are my two cock birds and a few of the hens that I'm working with this year. They will be a year old the end of this month (second boy) and first boy will be a year next month. Sure am glad I kept these two boys because my number one cock died over the winter. Later buddy.

Last edited:
quote name="immyjay54" url="/t/407294/the-heritage-rhode-island-red-site/9000_100#post_15217487"]Hi Paul, Like you, I don't spend much time on here anymore. Not just the BYC, I don't spend much time on the computer anymore. My eyes are really failing me. I do still have the Mohawk but they are not the ones that came from you. I got a new start with them from Matt. These are from the same birds that Greg started with but I've found that there is a huge difference in them. I hatched quite a few last year and sent them to folks but then quite selling hatching eggs and day old chicks. Just got to be to much for me to take care of. I even got rid of all my incubators except my little Brinsea. I hatched one small batch a couple of weeks ago and a friend of mine took them so I have eggs in there again right now and I have a broody hen with eggs under her from the Reese birds. I just can't handle the winters well anymore so I only keep enough for my egg customers. LOL Just plan on hatching enough to keep these great lines going. I'm adding a couple of pictures of the two pens I have with my Reese birds. I'm also working on something just for myself. LOL Wishing you all the best and hope you get started back up with these great birds. Sorry for all your troubles. Good hearing from you. I still have my websote. tje address is at the bottom of my posts. Take a look and you will see all that I have/had. These are my two cock birds and a few of the hens that I'm working with this year. They will be a year old the end of this month (second boy) and first boy will be a year next month. Sure am glad I kept these two boys because my number one cock died over the winter. Later buddy. [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR] [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR] [/quote]these are very two beautiful roos

Thanks for the kind words Jimmy. I was not able too make a lot of progress with my Mohawks. When things fell apart a bit for me (I lost my job my wife left me and my dog died all in the course of about two weeks, I still miss the dog by the way, I gave some birds to two different folks and asked them to keep breeding. It didn't happen so am now down to a few older females and no cock bird. Hence the start over. Love the reds, hope to always have at least a few.

Cockerel and Cock are male. Both Cockerels AND Hens Roost..Roost er :lol:

How is that for a beginner breeder and technical terminology??;)

They are good looking Cockerels! Hoping I get good specimen from my current incubating batches. My Cock literally had a stress heart attack (Vet confirmed) from SEEING me cull and process an egg bound hen that prolapsed. Didn't know they'd do that. But he mounted her the most (easiest catch I guess).

quote name="immyjay54" url="/t/407294/the-heritage-rhode-island-red-site/9000_100#post_15217487"]Hi Paul,
Like you, I don't spend much time on here anymore. Not just the BYC, I don't spend much time on the computer anymore. My eyes are really failing me. I do still have the Mohawk but they are not the ones that came from you. I got a new start with them from Matt. These are from the same birds that Greg started with but I've found that there is a huge difference in them. I hatched quite a few last year and sent them to folks but then quite selling hatching eggs and day old chicks. Just got to be to much for me to take care of. I even got rid of all my incubators except my little Brinsea. I hatched one small batch a couple of weeks ago and a friend of mine took them so I have eggs in there again right now and I have a broody hen with eggs under her from the Reese birds. I just can't handle the winters well anymore so I only keep enough for my egg customers. LOL Just plan on hatching enough to keep these great lines going.
I'm adding a couple of pictures of the two pens I have with my Reese birds. I'm also working on something just for myself. LOL Wishing you all the best and hope you get started back up with these great birds. Sorry for all your troubles. Good hearing from you. I still have my websote. tje address is at the bottom of my posts. Take a look and you will see all that I have/had. These are my two cock birds and a few of the hens that I'm working with this year. They will be a year old the end of this month (second boy) and first boy will be a year next month. Sure am glad I kept these two boys because my number one cock died over the winter. Later buddy.

[COLOR=B42000][/COLOR]
[COLOR=B42000][/COLOR]
these are very two beautiful roos[/QUOTE]
Thanks for your comment. I like them a little myself. lol

Back
Top Bottom