The Heritage Rhode Island Red Site

Going through some old BYC posts I came across a post about Breese Farms. There seems to be two farms with the same name. One is ok but the other Breese farm was not recommended. Maybe you can research them some. Again good luck and have fun...
I visited one of the Breese Farms here in MS yesterday and I WAS NOT impressed at all. I went there to purchase a “Mohawk RIR rooster” but this guy didn’t really seem to know what he had. He did have some Heritage RIR’s but his operation was not very clean at all. Very disappointed.

Beware, some people will say they have "Heritage/Mohawk" RIR's but often times not true. I met some people who told me they had Mohawks. When I looked at them they didn't look like true Mohawks to me. I asked them where they got them from and of course they really didn't say except that whoever they got them from said they were Mohawks and I guess they would have to take the person's word. They were kind of dark but didn't have the correct shape. I've posted pictures of mine in previous posts. My eggs are hatching now. Soon I will be putting eggs in from another of my breeding coops and pens.

Here is the history of the line I have.
http://bloslspoutlryfarm.tripod.com/id64.html
Great story. I would love to get some chicks from this line.
The fellow, Robert Blosl who wrote the article, was a BYC member. Sadly he passed away a few years ago. Fine fellow. I got my original birds several years ago from another BYC member Matt Ulrich. He is now the president of the Rhode Island Red Club of America. He is a fine fellow too. You may enjoy this. http://jimspetsandpoultry.weebly.com/

Beware, some people will say they have "Heritage/Mohawk" RIR's but often times not true. I met some people who told me they had Mohawks. When I looked at them they didn't look like true Mohawks to me. I asked them where they got them from and of course they really didn't say except that whoever they got them from said they were Mohawks and I guess they would have to take the person's word. They were kind of dark but didn't have the correct shape. I've posted pictures of mine in previous posts. My eggs are hatching now. Soon I will be putting eggs in from another of my breeding coops and pens.
Please let me know if you decide to sell chicks or hatching eggs. Thank you

100% almost. One chick partially hatched but expired before it completely hatched. Another hatch is due on Tuesday. I'm collecting eggs from some other breeding pens now and will put them in the incubator. I thought another chick was a quitter but early this morning I heard something in the hatcher and to my surprise the other chick hatched.

100% almost. One chick partially hatched but expired before it completely hatched. Another hatch is due on Tuesday. I'm collecting eggs from some other breeding pens now and will put them in the incubator. I thought another chick was a quitter but early this morning I heard something in the hatcher and to my surprise the other chick hatched.

I too am very interested if you do decide to sell some eggs! I’m really only looking for half a dozen or so! You’re birds are gorgeous!

Back
Top Bottom