The Heritage Rhode Island Red Site

Anybody interested or capable to criticize my birds...I'll accept your honest opinion about them. I'm new but I've been reading and studying about the breed and the bird biology and I feel ready to start selecting and improving the stock I have

Oh my gosh they are gorgeous! Those are proper RIR not Production birds at all.

You ordered them from Cackle… are they the RIR or SQ RIR?
These are the show quality RIR...I've had their (Cackles) commercial reds before...they are great layers but I can't compare them. They don't stand near the SQ RIR from what I've seen...these are enormous and ultra docile

I contacted Cackle just to see if I could add them, I need to also chat with husband on any order changes, but at least Cackle is a viable back up plan now for SC.

Anyone here breed RC RIR and is willing to sell hatching eggs that is totally a viable option.

I need one good RC RIR cockerel to and a few good Pullets

I am going to make phone calls today to feed store to confirm their source, 4H to get in touch with poultry club leaders… and see what the University extension has.

Also for what it is worth looking for RC RIW… any ideas on that welcome

From Cackle I ordered a few

Saipans
Jersey Giants
SC RIW
Buckeyes (which have a different body conformation than RIR)
Egyptian Fayoumi

I didn’t order the reds because finding real RIR at hatcheries is usually impossible, so I decided to try and source eggs or birds local.

The birds we ordered are breeds we either never ever see locally available or have never raised.

Back
Top Bottom