The Hidden Door-A Role Play (AKA The Most Dangerous Coffee Shop II)

Take slid in the empty seat in front of Emma, placing his bowl down on the table carelessly as he narrowed his eyes at her. It was almost like he was glaring with hatred, but it was just his face observing her features. Blair’s words repeating in his mind:
She's got dark blonde hair and like...green and blue eyes.’
Of course Take didn’t realize his appearance could possibly scare or make the girl uncomfortable by how rugged and thug-like he appeared. Like those shady guys that are up to no good and are contemplating whether to rob you or not; and his roughly cut up hair definitely added to the angst.
“You’re Emma.. right?” he asked hoarsely.
Emma had her face hidden behind her empty bowl, not daring to look at the person who had approached her. They were going to make her work again, and she didn't want to. She wanted home. At the sound of her name, she slowly lowered the bowl. She just barely saw him before the bowl clattered as it hit the table. Three yellow eyes, pink hair...how many people look like this?
"Yes," she answered quickly, her eyes wide. If it really was him, maybe Blair was there, too. Maybe she really was going to get out of there. "You're him. You're the guy on Aunt Blair's phone." Hope sparked inside her. "Is she here too? Are we going to get out?"

Emma had her face hidden behind her empty bowl, not daring to look at the person who had approached her. They were going to make her work again, and she didn't want to. She wanted home. At the sound of her name, she slowly lowered the bowl. She just barely saw him before the bowl clattered as it hit the table. Three yellow eyes, pink hair...how many people look like this?
"Yes," she answered quickly, her eyes wide. If it really was him, maybe Blair was there, too. Maybe she really was going to get out of there. "You're him. You're the guy on Aunt Blair's phone." Hope sparked inside her. "Is she here too? Are we going to get out?"
It’s really her.. she wasn’t... eaten. I knew it.
Take nodded slowly, “Yeah I am..” but he held a melancholic expression on his face, seeing how she lit up a little that Blair might be down there too. He shook his head, frowning, “She isn’t here... but we’re definitely getting out.. I promise.” he shared, trying to be as warm as possible since he wasn’t usually favored by kids. Mostly because his filter wasn’t exactly child-friendly.
"Hey! Leave her alone." Kipp growled stepping closer to the table in a meager attempt to look intimidating. He didn't recognize Take at all with his pink hair cut so short it was barely noticeable against his orange tinted skin. Plus the facial hair and dried blood that was flaking off his shoulders and arms. All he could imagine was that this was some one looking to cause trouble.
Take closed his eyes, taking a deep breath with the confrontational voice growling at him. Is this the same kid I beat up? He got out of his seat abruptly with a wild look in his eyes, “Listen you-” but he was cut off when he realized who he was just about to cuss out and probably beat up. His eyebrows raising at the sight of Kipp, definitely not in the best condition like himself. “Kipp?” he murmured. Kipp looked greasy and tired from the energy draining labor, but also that his wings were short, incredibly short. They clipped his wings.. Take wasn’t expecting Kipp to be down here at all, and he glanced over at Fred, Glasses kid too? “You guys got captured too huh... Where’s Haddie?”

Aria turned to smiled at Kylan before it slipped. “You know Kylan you don’t need to fake a smile around me. I can tell it’s forced when you do smile.” She said.

Eve looked up when Lilith sat down. She quite liked this girl.
Kylan sighed, chewing his food thoughtfully and waiting until he swallowed to answer. "I... I know. I just, feel like I should. And it's not always forced around you, you do have an inexplicable ability to make people smile."

Lilith glanced over at Eve, giving a quirky smile. "Nod; Did Korim give you a pencil and pad for the journey so you can talk to us without..." She shrugged. "Ya'know."
Noah carried a bowl of soup and stared glumly into it, gulping it down. The soup there was starting to taste plain, and exhaustion hung over him like a veil. But at least he didn’t have to experience the pain of those who had tried to escape.
Noah nodded off, faceplanting in the broth.
Emma silently sat while drinking her soup. She was in pain, her back stinging from the lashes she and the others had recieved for trying to escape. She was exhausted and wanted to go home, not to be stuck in the cold, strange place. She wanted her mother and her father and her Aunt Blair and her grandparents. Blair would hurt these people...she would get me out.
She didn't think of her Aunt as a violent person, but she'd seen the way she had reacted to the kids that had bullied her one time. She had hurt them and sent them away crying. Emma didn't know what her aunt was, but she knew she was powerful. She'll come. She'll be here soon, I know it.
Chion sat silently eating her food watching how the boys were acting. Something was definitely going on, but she couldn't figure it out. She wondered if Kipp and Fred just didn't like each other. They hadn't gotten along as far as she could tell since Kipp had gotten here. She wished she was a linguist, or that she could read thoughts so that it wouldn't be so difficult, but then she did appreciate the fact that unlike the others she was able to heal her injuries by changing to her mimicked form and back again.
Chion's eyebrows knit together as she poured the remaining contents of her bowl into her mouth. Maybe it would be better if she was able to mimic a guard. Then she could lead everyone out of here safely. But she didn't want to do that if her current alternate form would be more helpful. But she had no way of asking. No way of telling them what her idea was.
Take slid in the empty seat in front of Emma, placing his bowl down on the table carelessly as he narrowed his eyes at her. It was almost like he was glaring with hatred, but it was just his face observing her features. Blair’s words repeating in his mind:
‘She's got dark blonde hair and like...green and blue eyes.’

Of course Take didn’t realize his appearance could possibly scare or make the girl uncomfortable by how rugged and thug-like he appeared. Like those shady guys that are up to no good and are contemplating whether to rob you or not; and his roughly cut up hair definitely added to the angst.

“You’re Emma.. right?” he asked hoarsely, not noticing the other kids that sat around them.
Torin was slouched in between Chion and Emma, eyes dulled and dark skin dirtied. Blood was smeared all over his body and clothes, his blue hoodie ripped open on the back and revealing deep gashes.
He looked up as Take sat down, his body tensing a little. "Who are you? You speak English, too?" He asked, voice wavering with uncertainty. His eyes... There's three. That's so cool!
Take nodded slowly, “Yeah I am..” but he held a melancholic expression on his face, seeing how she lit up a little that Blair might be down there too. He shook his head, frowning, “She isn’t here... but we’re definitely getting out.. I promise.” he shared, trying to be as warm as possible since he wasn’t usually favored by kids. Mostly because his filter wasn’t exactly child-friendly.

Take closed his eyes, taking a deep breath with the confrontational voice growling at him. Is this the same kid I beat up? He got out of his seat abruptly with a wild look in his eyes, “Listen you-” but he was cut off when he realized who he was just about to cuss out and probably beat up. His eyebrows raising at the sight of Kipp, definitely not in the best condition like himself. “Kipp?” he murmured. Kipp looked greasy and tired from the energy draining labor, but also that his wings were short, incredibly short. They clipped his wings.. Take wasn’t expecting Kipp to be down here at all, and he glanced over at Fred, Glasses kid too? “You guys got captured too huh... Where’s Haddie?”
"You all know each other?" Torin added, but it was more of a statement. His body relaxed a little, watching the others with wide, curious eyes.

(Where’s

Noah wiped the broth out of his face, and licked his dirty hands. Every last bite was important nowadays, and he was five and didn't have any napkins. "Who's that?" he asked, pointing at Take. Sure, the stranger was a little ugly, but he seemed friendly enough, and actually... "He speaks English..." he whispered into Kipp's ear. And speaking of ugliness, Kipp was kind of ugly too. They all were, after the harsh treatment and the dirt that obscured their features.
Kipp cringed away from the young boys raspy voice tickling his ear. And stuck a grimy pinky in it in an attempt to settle his over stimulated senses. He shot a quick glare at Noah having missed what the new guy and Emma had been talking about.

Kipp tensed when he shot up out of his seat towering over him. Barely flinching at the expected blow. He remained leaning partially over the table gazing up at him dully. He blinked in confusion, before finally recognizing Take.
"Y-you're here?" He asked, his stomach was twisting and flipping around, if even Take was here and forced to do what they wanted, it really was hopeless. They were going to be here forever. "Haddie?" He whispered her name recalling the concern he'd felt for her before coming here. Ashira had said she was ok, but far away. He leaned back standing up straight on his side of the table looking around at the large group of hungry kids. Ashira was around here somewhere, but he hadn't seen her since that first day.
"She wasn't with you?" He asked his eyes still lazily scanning the crowd for any other recognizable faces.

Kylan sighed, chewing his food thoughtfully and waiting until he swallowed to answer. "I... I know. I just, feel like I should. And it's not always forced around you, you do have an inexplicable ability to make people smile."

Lilith glanced over at Eve, giving a quirky smile. "Nod; Did Korim give you a pencil and pad for the journey so you can talk to us without..." She shrugged. "Ya'know."

Torin was slouched in between Chion and Emma, eyes dulled and dark skin dirtied. Blood was smeared all over his body and clothes, his blue hoodie ripped open on the back and revealing deep gashes.
He looked up as Take sat down, his body tensing a little. "Who are you? You speak English, too?" He asked, voice wavering with uncertainty. His eyes... There's three. That's so cool!

"You all know each other?" Torin added, but it was more of a statement. His body relaxed a little, watching the others with wide, curious eyes.

Kipp cringed away from the young boys raspy voice tickling his ear. And stuck a grimy pinky in it in an attempt to settle his over stimulated senses. He shot a quick glare at Noah having missed what the new guy and Emma had been talking about.

Kipp tensed when he shot up out of his seat towering over him. Barely flinching at the expected blow. He remained leaning partially over the table gazing up at him dully. He blinked in confusion, before finally recognizing Take.
"Y-you're here?" He asked, his stomach was twisting and flipping around, if even Take was here and forced to do what they wanted, it really was hopeless. They were going to be here forever. "Haddie?" He whispered her name recalling the concern he'd felt for her before coming here. Ashira had said she was ok, but far away. He leaned back standing up straight on his side of the table looking around at the large group of hungry kids. Ashira was around here somewhere, but he hadn't seen her since that first day.
"She wasn't with you?" He asked his eyes still lazily scanning the crowd for any other recognizable faces.
Take relaxed as he sat himself back down where he was previously, scratching his itchy chin. “Nah man... I thought she was with you in the village, guess not..” he shrugged, unsure of her fate if Kipp didn’t know where she was either. He put a spoonful of soup in his mouth and let it rest there as he lazily observed the other kids he wasn’t familiar with, such as Chion, Torin, and Noah. He pulled the spoon out of his mouth, holding it loosely, “I’m Take.. Tah-Kay and yeah I know English, kid... I was in the group that was looking for you dudes in the forest” he answered Torin’s questions, “You’re Ky-Kylan’s little brother right?” asking the obvious since they held a strong resemblance, “Stupid Kyle said you guys were eaten..” he muttered the distasteful comment the tiny man had made.

Last edited:
(Where’s Jewel?)
Take relaxed as he sat himself back down where he was previously, scratching his itchy chin. “Nah man... I thought she was with you in the village, guess not..” he shrugged, unsure of her fate if Kipp didn’t know where she was either. He put a spoonful of soup in his mouth and let it rest there as he lazily observed the other kids he wasn’t familiar with, such as Chion, Torrin, and Noah. He pulled the spoon out of his mouth, holding it loosely, “I’m Take.. Tah-Kay and yeah I know English, kid... I was in the group that was looking for you dudes in the forest” he answered Torrin’s questions, “You’re Ky-Kylan’s little brother right?” asking the obvious since they held a strong resemblance, “Stupid Kyle said you guys were eaten..” he muttered the distasteful comment the tiny man had made.
( In Kyle's defense:
ORRR WORSE
THIS IS OBVIOUSLY WORSE
STOP PUTTING WORDS IN HIS MOUTH
:3
)

Take relaxed as he sat himself back down where he was previously, scratching his itchy chin. “Nah man... I thought she was with you in the village, guess not..” he shrugged, unsure of her fate if Kipp didn’t know where she was either. He put a spoonful of soup in his mouth and let it rest there as he lazily observed the other kids he wasn’t familiar with, such as Chion, Torrin, and Noah. He pulled the spoon out of his mouth, holding it loosely, “I’m Take.. Tah-Kay and yeah I know English, kid... I was in the group that was looking for you dudes in the forest” he answered Torrin’s questions, “You’re Ky-Kylan’s little brother right?” asking the obvious since they held a strong resemblance, “Stupid Kyle said you guys were eaten..” he muttered the distasteful comment the tiny man had made.
"I'm Noah," Noah said, annoyed at not being acknowledged. "Why does everybody know each other except me?" he asked.

Emma shrank back in her seat, frowning deeply. "We tried." She shook her head. "It doesn't work. You can't get out." She gave a brief nod to Torin, shrugging.

Chion eyed Torin trying to get an idea of what was going on. She hadn't seen this other guy before, did Torin know who he was? She was getting annoyed with not understanding what was going on. An idea suddenly popped into her head, being a guard or someone trusted could be helpful, but also choosing someone who was a linguist would make her able to understand what everyone was saying. What help would turning into a we-sa be anyway, if they were stuck down here. A small smile crept across her face, as she plotted tracking down that guy they'd met the first day and stealing his form. She'd have to find some way to hide her face though while she was him.

Back
Top Bottom