The Hidden Door-A Role Play (AKA The Most Dangerous Coffee Shop II)

“Ohhhh... Yeah, I went to get it, and then Mam asked me to do something and I completely forgot...” Korim said, grabbing the paper and charcoal from where he had left it on the counter, casually handing it to the dark-haired girl.
Kyle climbed down to one of those brace things near the bottom of the chair, then jumped to the floor neatly, smoothing his clothes. “We can’t delay this any longer,” he said remorsefully. “We should be going. Thank you again, for everything!” He walked to the door, waiting. Cam reached for her bag and fumbled with the straps nervously, not sure whether they were going to draw things out much longer.

“Dragons? Really?” Noah asked excitedly. “With feathers? Dragons usually have scales.” He was incredulous. “You’re making this up.”
Take grabbed his spoon that had a little bit of soup left and flung it at Noah dispassionately, “I’m being for real”

"Dragons?" Torin gasped, eyes bright. "There's dragons here? But those aren't real." He murmured, glancing at the others before focusing back on Take. They weren't looking...? No, Kylan wouldn't just leave me here.... Right? "Huh, they're called we-sas? That's weird."

Lilith frowned a bit, scratching Tru's head. "Well, then..." At that moment Korim walked in, telling them it was time to go, and she sighed. "Thank you, all of you for helping us." Her words were mixed in with the few Portsmoth ones she'd learnt, her eyes focusing on each of the Corim family in turn. She'd came to enjoy being around Pell and learning from her, so she gave her a small smile as she glanced over her.
She soon turned back to Korim, remembering what she had been about to do right before he had burst in. "Korim, I do need one thing. This girl here--" She jerked her head towards Eve. "--can't speak. You said earlier that there was a way we could get her a pencil and pad to communicate with, is that still a possibility?"

Kylan's lips twitched with a smile, eyes soft. He glanced at Korim, grateful that he had finished his food before the boy came in, but his face lifted a little at the idea of leaving. We're finally gonna be looking for them.
He still couldn't shake the feeling of hopelessness, but it drew his spirits up a bit. He glanced at Aria, giving a small smile. "Guess we're going now." He chuckled, raising from his seat.
Aria stood, “cool” she nodded before turning her attention to Korim

“Ohhhh... Yeah, I went to get it, and then Mam asked me to do something and I completely forgot...” Korim said, grabbing the paper and charcoal from where he had left it on the counter, casually handing it to the dark-haired girl.
Kyle climbed down to one of those brace things near the bottom of the chair, then jumped to the floor neatly, smoothing his clothes. “We can’t delay this any longer,” he said remorsefully. “We should be going. Thank you again, for everything!” He walked to the door, waiting. Cam reached for her bag and fumbled with the straps nervously, not sure whether they were going to draw things out much longer.

“Dragons? Really?” Noah asked excitedly. “With feathers? Dragons usually have scales.” He was incredulous. “You’re making this up.”

After eating everything that was on her plate, Hana gave a small, "That was delicious" in japanese and excused herself from the table, putting her plate in the basin and washing her hands. The breakfast seemed to be long and quiet, especially when no one seemed to acknowledge Cam's question about the purple-haired girl. Hana didn't know herself, so she left the question unanswered. She got the sign that they were starting to head out once Korim returned with their bags and headed to the front door to slip her combat boots on. She gave Korim a small smile and humbly thanked him for providing the group hospitality and the prepared bags, which one she took for herself and put the straps over her shoulders. She opened the door out wide for the others to flood out from the house.

Eve smiled at him thankful. She turned to look at Lilith, she needed to thank her too.

Fred stopped dead “if you don’t want me to come just say so”.

Kipp stopped again, his fists clenched by his sides, ears tucked down, and eyes shut.

"Five minutes. I just need five minutes alone ok?" He growled through gritted teeth. He'd reached his limit, and knew he couldn't handle it any more. He'd struggled to keep from crying, tricking himself into being angry instead of sad. But he couldnt take it anymore. There was only so much blame he could take, and it was enough.

Kipp suddenly folded, crouching down onto the floor, cursing as he buried his face in his hands. He dug his fingernails into his hair and quietly sobbed, shaking in the middle of the walkway.

Kipp stopped again, his fists clenched by his sides, ears tucked down, and eyes shut.

"Five minutes. I just need five minutes alone ok?" He growled through gritted teeth. He'd reached his limit, and knew he couldn't handle it any more. He'd struggled to keep from crying, tricking himself into being angry instead of sad. But he couldnt take it anymore. There was only so much blame he could take, and it was enough.

Kipp suddenly folded, crouching down onto the floor, cursing as he buried his face in his hands. He dug his fingernails into his hair and quietly sobbed, shaking in the middle of the walkway.
Fred nodded walking off away from the group. He needed to work on a plan and with Take keeping the kids busy now was his chance to forge a plant o get them out of here

Kevin stood up, grabbing his plate and carefully setting it in the sink. He looked at Mam, struggling to remember the words he had learned in his short time there. “Uh... thank you, Mam. I, uh, appreciate? Appreciate what all you’ve done for us. Thank you.“ He said with a small dip of his head, hoping he used the right words, and didn’t mispronounce them too badly.
He walked outside, tying his flannel shirt around his waist and strapping his gun over his back. Kevin pulled the baby carrier over his chest and put the chickens in it, glad to see they didn’t mind too much.

After an hour of working, on a single sword, Kipp threw it on the ground, starting the "finished" pile. He wiped sweat from his brow and reached for a new one. It was frustrating not knowing what he was doing, he'd tried several different things to remove the chunks of bluish metal but had yet to find an efficient way to clean it off. The frustration provided by the uncooperative blade, did it's job in reminding him of all the other things that were bothering him. His mind wandered back to his family, as he slid the shears against the flat edge of the blade looking for lumps. His dad probably thought he'd run away again. Chris was probably out looking for him. I wonder if dad thinks I took off with friends to do drugs again. Kipp looked up from his work glancing around the smoky cave. If he told any one back home about this they'd be convinced it was drugs. It was bad enough last time. Chris was willing to accept I was telling the truth about not doing drugs, but giant bugs and teleporting stones he'd written off as spider bite hallucinations. Portals to other worlds would harder to explain than just admitting I'm on drugs. Besides, Chris isn't the one I have to convince, it's dad. There's no way I'll be able to convince him I didn't take off because I was upset about mom. Kipp turned his attention back to the sword sighing, the shears clicking against a lump. I have to go home. They'll be so hurt if I just disappear without a word. Just like mom did. We have to get out of here. We can't just sit and wait. If Haddie didn't make it back, they'll have no idea what's going on. Or if something happened, they might not be able come. We could all be trapped here forever if we don't try to get out on our own.

Kipp twisted the shears around and around trying to convince the bit of metal to let go. His brows knitting together at how uncooperative it was being. He glanced up at Ashira, who had fallen silent since they'd been brought down here. His job was frustrating but was nothing compared to hers. The heat is barely tolerable over here, she must be melting. He paused in his efforts, to watch her carefully pouring the molten metal, remembering how sick the kid that had been there before them looked.

@ladybugchickenfarms Kipp put his unfinished sword down, and made his way over to her, putting his relatively cool hand on her shoulder, when she'd finished pouring the metal into the stone cast.

"Hey, trade jobs with me for a bit, before you cook ok." He said kindly.
(Tell me if you’ve moved past this scene by now and I can change it)
Ashira wiped some sweat from her forehead. “For a little,” she conceded at last. “I don’t want you to cook, either.” She got to her feet and took the sword. “Uh... What am I supposed to do again?”

Last edited:

Aria stood, “cool” she nodded before turning her attention to Korim
Eve smiled at him thankful. She turned to look at Lilith, she needed to thank her too.
Kylan hurriedly stepped over to the door, hands gripping the straps of his backpack as he waited beside Kyle and Cam, waiting for the others.

Lilith smiled a bit, happy to have been a help. She glanced at Eve, dipping her head to her acknowledgement, before turning and walking towards the door after the others. "Not to be rude to the Corim's, but I'm pretty glad we're leaving." She murmured to the other black-haired girl absentmindedly, vein rimmed eyes flickering around to look at the others.
Take grabbed his spoon that had a little bit of soup left and flung it at Noah dispassionately, “I’m being for real”
“I saw em’ flying all over the barn, they’re really real kid.” Take said firmly, “Their feathers were rad, all kinds of different colors, like ones in a fire.” he described, trying to spark Torin’s imagination.
Torin's eyes were big and wonder-filled, completely ignoring Noah's skepticism. "Whoa... That's so amazing! I never thought that dragons were real." He smiled, taking a sip of his soup before giggling when Take flung the his food at Noah.

(Tell me if you’ve moved past this scene by now and I can change it)
Ashira wiped some sweat from her forehead. “For a little,” she conceded at last. “I don’t want you to cook, either.” She got to her feet and took the sword. “Uh... What am I supposed to do again?”
Ashira sat in the dark, cold room, her wounds from the beating still hurting. Finally, a guard opened the door. “Get out,” he snarled. Go to lunch.” Wasting no time, she got to her feet and walked to the busy room, keeping her head down so she didn’t draw attention to herself. She looked around for the others.

Back
Top Bottom