The Hidden Door-A Role Play (AKA The Most Dangerous Coffee Shop II)

Fred’s head jerked up at the action. No! Not yet! I can’t walk Fred wanted to shout, sob, cry, beat his fists in protest but there really wasn’t much point. They were going and he couldn’t walk let alone keep up, he was only going to slow them down. “Chion, I don’t think I can travel with Kipp, Ashira and the rest of the group” Fred whispered

Ciro flinched as their guide through this wild place put a duration on their journey.
Four days.
Not to discount the lives of the missing little kids, but the rent was due in five earth days.
He couldn't make the remainder of it if he wasn't at his jobs to work. And that was just to get over the mountains ahead. Who knew how long it'd be before he was able to get home?
He considered snaking a hand to his back pocket to affirm the money's reassuring existence, but then considered the wolf in his arms and thought better of it. Why hadn't he thought to give it to his mother as soon as he'd been paid? Sure, a hundred pesos wouldn't have covered the whole payment, but it would've gotten the drunkard slumlord off of his family's backs for a bit. The owner of the decrepit flat they lived in was notorious for evicting tenants without solid legal reason and the Delgado's sole breadwinner going MIA was likely more than enough incentive for him to turn them out.
To think of his little sisters and feeble mother thrown out onto the merciless streets of Tepito, without him...
"Por favor, que haya mercy in his heart," he murmured, unconsciously beginning to rock to and fro on his heels. Unsettled by this, the giant wolf snapped at thin air and shifted painfully in his aching, itchy arms. The village healers had healed its surface wounds all right, but it was definitely still a blind and grumpy freeloader- which was, in fact, Ciro's fault, so you didn't hear him complaining.
Ciro glared down sharply, as if he could tame it with a look it couldn't even see. "Next time we stop, you're getting put down for some walking lecciones. Y luego obtienes un nombre, because it is getting viejo."

Ciro flinched as their guide through this wild place put a duration on their journey.
Four days.
Not to discount the lives of the missing little kids, but the rent was due in five earth days.
He couldn't make the remainder of it if he wasn't at his jobs to work. And that was just to get over the mountains ahead. Who knew how long it'd be before he was able to get home?
He considered snaking a hand to his back pocket to affirm the money's reassuring existence, but then considered the wolf in his arms and thought better of it. Why hadn't he thought to give it to his mother as soon as he'd been paid? Sure, a hundred pesos wouldn't have covered the whole payment, but it would've gotten the drunkard slumlord off of his family's backs for a bit. The owner of the decrepit flat they lived in was notorious for evicting tenants without solid legal reason and the Delgado's sole breadwinner going MIA was likely more than enough incentive for him to turn them out.
To think of his little sisters and feeble mother thrown out onto the merciless streets of Tepito, without him...
"Por favor, que haya mercy in his heart," he murmured, unconsciously beginning to rock to and fro on his heels. Unsettled by this, the giant wolf snapped at thin air and shifted painfully in his aching, itchy arms. The village healers had healed its surface wounds all right, but it was definitely still a blind and grumpy freeloader- which was, in fact, Ciro's fault, so you didn't hear him complaining.
Ciro glared down sharply, as if he could tame it with a look it couldn't even see. "Next time we stop, you're getting put down for some walking lecciones. Y luego obtienes un nombre, because it is getting viejo."
“Necesita ayuda con eso?” Korim asked, staring at the awkward wolf. He decided it would be best to use this young man‘s first language to get on the same level as him. “De donde eres, senor?”

“Necesita ayuda con eso?” Korim asked, staring at the awkward wolf. He decided it would be best to use this young man‘s first language to get on the same level as him. “De donde eres, senor?”
Ciro completely lit up at being addressed in Spanish- and by the native to this strange world, of all people. "He estado cargando a este lobo durante bastante tiempo, así que podría continuar," he affirmed good-naturedly. "And Tepito, México. ¿Lo sabes?"

Take laid idly on the operating-like table, whistling to himself and listening to it bounce off the ceiling and back to him. Man my nose really itches... like bad. He surveyed the room for anyone that could possibly relieve his need to scratch his nose with his restricted mobility that prevented him from doing so.

“Hey any of you losers mind scratching my nose? I can’t exactly reach it.” he requested, attempting to point at his face with a restrained hand. He waited a couple seconds in silence for a response, remembering the linguist kid was the only one who was able to communicate with him. He shouted a curse as the itchiness started to become unbearable. Screw this I’m gonna do it myself.

He balled his hands into tight fists and gritted his teeth as he pulled his arms towards his chest, trying to wretch himself out of the shackles. The metal groaned along with his movements, his muscles tensing and veins appearing in his neck and arms. Come on.. come on! As Take mustered out more strength, the chains snapped off the ground, setting his arms free. He lurched himself forward in a sitting position and scratched his nose in urgency, satisfaction appearing on his face, not realizing what he had just done would result in a brutal consequence.

Ciro completely lit up at being addressed in Spanish- and by the native to this strange world, of all people. "He estado cargando a este lobo durante bastante tiempo, así que podría continuar," he affirmed good-naturedly. "And Tepito, México. ¿Lo sabes?"
“Oh no, insisto, déjame tomar tu carga.” Korim would have reached for the wolf right there if it weren’t for the danger of the very large, very legendary teeth. “Tepita, nunca he oído hablar de un lugar así. México, ¿Cómo es allí? He oído hablar mucho de Estados Unidos, y no se parece en nada a Borealis.”
Take laid idly on the operating-like table, whistling to himself and listening to it bounce off the ceiling and back to him. Man my nose really itches... like bad. He surveyed the room for anyone that could possibly relieve his need to scratch his nose with his restricted mobility that prevented him from doing so.

“Hey any of you losers mind scratching my nose? I can’t exactly reach it.” he requested, attempting to point at his face with a restrained hand. He waited a couple seconds in silence for a response, remembering the linguist kid was the only one who was able to communicate with him. He shouted a curse as the itchiness started to become unbearable. Screw this I’m gonna do it myself.

He balled his hands into tight fists and gritted his teeth as he pulled his arms towards his chest, trying to wretch himself out of the shackles. The metal groaned along with his movements, his muscles tensing and veins appearing in his neck and arms. Come on.. come on! As Take mustered out more strength, the chains snapped off the ground, setting his arms free. He lurched himself forward in a sitting position and scratched his nose in urgency, satisfaction appearing on his face, not realizing what he had just done would result in a brutal consequence.
A man opened a slat in the door, peered in, and cried out in alarm.
Minutes later, a masked man with a shadowed face approached the door. He growled some things and guestured to another man at the door, a man without a mask, but still unrecognizable in the light of but one bit of pyronium burning on a sconce. The masked man was recognizable by the cold dread that crawled down your back when he entered the room, and the singing of old wounds long healed.
The masked man struck pain into Take, paralyzing him as the other set him back on the table and strapped him to it, adding extra bonds to it. Giving Take no escape.
“Ready for another therapy session?” the masked man growled. The other man disappeared, and the masked man and Take were alone.
I’ll spare you the details, but Take experienced a great deal of torture for the next hour.

Fred’s head jerked up at the action. No! Not yet! I can’t walk Fred wanted to shout, sob, cry, beat his fists in protest but there really wasn’t much point. They were going and he couldn’t walk let alone keep up, he was only going to slow them down. “Chion, I don’t think I can travel with Kipp, Ashira and the rest of the group” Fred whispered
@Rose Quartz

“Oh no, insisto, déjame tomar tu carga.” Korim would have reached for the wolf right there if it weren’t for the danger of the very large, very legendary teeth. “Tepita, nunca he oído hablar de un lugar así. México, ¿Cómo es allí? He oído hablar mucho de Estados Unidos, y no se parece en nada a Borealis.”
"E insisto en aferrarme a él. Después de todo, nos estás guiando," Ciro pointed out stubbornly, beginning to enjoy this light banter. "Es ... muy diferente de aquí. Mucho más edificios y mucho menos bosque. And solo tenemos un tipo de bestia que puede matarte en México, y esa es mi own species." He laughed, but there was a dark undercurrent running beneath his easy words. He was already pretty sure he'd trade the wild beasts of this realm for the honorless men of Tepito.

"E insisto en aferrarme a él. Después de todo, nos estás guiando," Ciro pointed out stubbornly, beginning to enjoy this light banter. "Es ... muy diferente de aquí. Mucho más edificios y mucho menos bosque. And solo tenemos un tipo de bestia que puede matarte en México, y esa es mi own species." He laughed, but there was a dark undercurrent running beneath his easy words. He was already pretty sure he'd trade the wild beasts of this realm for the honorless men of Tepito.
“¿Seres humanos? ¿México está en guerra con otra nación?” Korim asked curiously. He was already imagining a city full of buildings of brick, metal, glass, and the strange thing that Pell told him looked like wood but was actually vinyl. ‘If it’s not wood, then what is it? Does it grow on stalks instead of trunks?’ He had asked. But apparently Lilith hadn’t told her that.
At the middle of his fantasy city was a great fortress of solid iron, with a palace of glass within where the emperor of Mexico resided. Tepito, the great capital of the Mexican empire.
“¿Es el emperador de México está tratando de expandir su imperio?”

(Okay. I’ll just reply to your other one, because I know I’ll forget if I don’t, but you don’t have to reply)

“First, we hide this.” She featured to the body. “It’ll buy us some time. Now help me move it.” She grabbed the arms of the man’s body and started to drag him.
Kipp gave her a confused look, he'd just thought they'd leave him out in the open. The guard would get in trouble for sleeping on the job same as everyone else. The reasoning behind why they would want to hide him suddenly clicked in to his head. Anyone who saw him, would notice that weren't where they should be, and would come looking.

"Uhm," Kipp cast his gaze around looking for a good place to hide a body without being noticed. "Under the cart?" He said grabbing the mans legs and doing his best to lift the dead weight.

"Huh? Where are they going?" She asked looking over her shoulder at the two attempting to move an unconscious guard. "They're trying to escape again, right now? I thought we'd decided to keep our heads down for a while and pretend we'd given up."

Back
Top Bottom