The Hidden Door-A Role Play (AKA The Most Dangerous Coffee Shop II)

“Alright, let’s do that then.” She was distracted. It was like someone was screaming in her ear. They were in pain. “Someone’s in trouble,” she whispered. “I think it’s someone from our group. I- I don’t know who! They’re in pain! We have to help them!” The heartbreaking thoughts were beginning to get to her. “We’ll have to split up. One to rescue the others, and one to grab the food.”
We're leaving now?! Kipp's eyes widened as he looked up at her surprised that they'd be moving up their escape plan that quickly. They weren't supposed to meet Take for several more hours, what if he wasn't where he needed to be? He's in pain. It has to be Take. Who else would it be? We have to go now. We have to find him. Kipp swallowed down the lump in his throat nodding.
"You're keeping the sleep stuff?" He asked half questioning, though it was more a confirmation of the fact that he wasn't going to let her give it back. "I'll get the kids. You get the food. We'll meet... on the way." He said as he stepped away, watching the patrolling guards so he wouldn't get caught.

Thankfully the guard for their area had been taken care of, so he didn't have to watch his back so closely.

“I-I don’t know” Fred fell silent.
"They're such jerks!" She growled, glaring angrily at the ground. They'd finally gotten close enough to where they were supposed to be working that they were able to stop walking. "They're just going to leave us here?"

(Kipp's coming but not there yet)

We're leaving now?! Kipp's eyes widened as he looked up at her surprised that they'd be moving up their escape plan that quickly. They weren't supposed to meet Take for several more hours, what if he wasn't where he needed to be? He's in pain. It has to be Take. Who else would it be? We have to go now. We have to find him. Kipp swallowed down the lump in his throat nodding.
"You're keeping the sleep stuff?" He asked half questioning, though it was more a confirmation of the fact that he wasn't going to let her give it back. "I'll get the kids. You get the food. We'll meet... on the way." He said as he stepped away, watching the patrolling guards so he wouldn't get caught.

Thankfully the guard for their area had been taken care of, so he didn't have to watch his back so closely.

"They're such jerks!" She growled, glaring angrily at the ground. They'd finally gotten close enough to where they were supposed to be working that they were able to stop walking. "They're just going to leave us here?"

“I-I’m not sure” Fred said looking at the ground. That was the scary thing, he and Kipp had been arguing a lot lately so he wasn’t certain of anything anymore.
(Great!!)

“Are you sure? Absolutely certain it will take four days or more to reach the destination?” Aria winced already guessing the answer, maybe if she had any idea of the land ahead she could attempt to cut the trip a bit shorter by teleporting part of the way. She looked at the group, there had to be some other kind of way to get there quicker, it was hurting so many who had lost people, like Kylan or warewolf girl I think her name was Blair....

(Sorry for taking so long, I just now finished reading. XD)

"Oh, no, I'm fine." Maya said. For a second she considered introducing herself to this girl. She hadn't really gotten to know anyone in the group. Well, except for Charlie, but she'd already known him. They had met last year at school. She shot a glance at her friend. He was walking near the middle of the group, but he was away from the others. His hands shoved in his pockets, his hood up, his shoulders hunched, and his face pointed towards the ground- really, not that unusual for Charlie. But Maya was worried about him. His brother was missing. So many other people were also missing siblings in the group. And, from what she'd heard from the linguist, so many more kids had disappeared from their own world. It's all so horrible. And this group of teenagers is right in the middle of it all, trying to rescue them. How will we even be able to do this when no one else has before? She sighed. Then she realized that the other girl was still looking at her. I guess it wouldn't hurt to try and be friendly before our certain death. "What's your name? I don't think I caught it before."
“Cameron. And your name is... Maya I think?” Cam knew it was something like that. Kyle had made a point to pester everyone into telling him their name, so he could remember them. And then Cam made a point to pester him into telling her all the ones she didn’t know. Apparently ninja lady and fire girl hadn’t given him theirs.
“Are you sure? Absolutely certain it will take four days or more to reach the destination?” Aria winced already guessing the answer, maybe if she had any idea of the land ahead she could attempt to cut the trip a bit shorter by teleporting part of the way. She looked at the group, there had to be some other kind of way to get there quicker, it was hurting so many who had lost people, like Kylan or warewolf girl I think her name was Blair....
“Okay, this is getting annoying. Yes, I’m certain it will take us longer than four days. Unless you’ve got extra wings lying around that I don’t know about that I could borrow. We are all youths. With the exception of a few people,” Korim said, looking glancing at the legal adults.
~
Rylie was crawling over the roots of the first mountain. There were no trees here like you might have expected. Kyle had always seen pictures of mountains with trees around the base, but clearly these were a different type, the bottom being more of that emerald green grass.
Rylie moved swiftly, braking it up with times where he would freeze, the only movement his fur blowing in the wind and his ears flicking. He’d also open his mouth sometimes to draw in the scents on the wind.
A greenhare. Kyle could see it too, now, as Rylie crouched behind a bush. Greenhares were honestly disappointing. Kyle had been expecting a florescent green bunny, but it had grey, greasy, stringy hair like a sloth covered with an algae that made it green. Honestly sort of ugly and very disappointing.
“Rylie, you are not going after a greenhare,” Kyle said hopefully.
But Rylie had already activated the butt wiggles, stalking the rabbit.
The only thing Kyle could do now was hold on extra tight.
Step. Step. Step.
Pounce! Rylie threw all eighteen pounds of cat on the rabbit. But it had already spotted him and scampered away. Rylie landed heavily on the ground. Somewhat disappointed, Rylie licked his chest.

With a curt nod, she raced off as fast as her legs would carry her, hoping she wouldn’t meet any guards as she skidded to a halt in front of the food pantry.

With a curt nod, she raced off as fast as her legs would carry her, hoping she wouldn’t meet any guards as she skidded to a halt in front of the food pantry.
On the other side of the door was a large open space she hadn't been expecting. There were several cast iron flat topped stoves with crooked chimneys that led out the nearest the wall or ceiling. On top of each stove was an enormous pot with steam emanating from the top.

On her entry the sole occupant of the kitchen flinched and peered over his shoulder at her. Eye's widening with surprise.

"It's you." He said hopping down from the stool where he'd been standing, stirring a large pot. "We met earlier. I'm Grafe. Are you-" He glanced around conspiratorially though there was no one else in the room. "Escaping now?"

On the other side of the door was a large open space she hadn't been expecting. There were several cast iron flat topped stoves with crooked chimneys that led out the nearest the wall or ceiling. On top of each stove was an enormous pot with steam emanating from the top.

On her entry the sole occupant of the kitchen flinched and peered over his shoulder at her. Eye's widening with surprise.

"It's you." He said hopping down from the stool where he'd been standing, stirring a large pot. "We met earlier. I'm Grafe. Are you-" He glanced around conspiratorially though there was no one else in the room. "Escaping now?"
“I need food,” she stated flatly, which wasn’t a lie.

Carson sighed, patting Bucks neck.
"When do you think we'll get out of here?" Buck asked, looking up at him when he patted his neck
"It's anyone's guess at this point. Our first goal is to find the missing kids, then we will figure that part out."
"Great. We don't know where we're going, when we'll have food and water, and we don't know when we'll get out of here."
He scuffed at the ground in irritation.
"I know, buddy. It's hard on all of us, but all we can do at this point is survive," He glanced at Ellie who was a little further ahead of him, "and get to know the people that we need to learn how to trust our lives with."
Buck nodded in agreement. "So you're saying we just need to make the best of it?"
"Yep, exactly."
With that, they went silent and focused on the walk

“¿Seres humanos? ¿México está en guerra con otra nación?” Korim asked curiously. He was already imagining a city full of buildings of brick, metal, glass, and the strange thing that Pell told him looked like wood but was actually vinyl. ‘If it’s not wood, then what is it? Does it grow on stalks instead of trunks?’ He had asked. But apparently Lilith hadn’t told her that.
At the middle of his fantasy city was a great fortress of solid iron, with a palace of glass within where the emperor of Mexico resided. Tepito, the great capital of the Mexican empire.
“¿Es el emperador de México está tratando de expandir su imperio?”
“Okay, this is getting annoying. Yes, I’m certain it will take us longer than four days. Unless you’ve got extra wings lying around that I don’t know about that I could borrow. We are all youths. With the exception of a few people,” Korim said, looking glancing at the legal adults.
Ciro had a tough time keeping his face straight. Korim's hopeful naivety was redemptive for Ciro's perspective of his own home, but only momentarily. If only the issue of Mexico City's darkness was a greedy dictator. "Not exactly. Our emperor -actually, he's called a president- is pretty happy with the land he has- at least as far as I know. No, the bad people, they're...inside our country. There's lots of crime and hurting." He became aware that he was largely speaking to himself when Korim's attention was demanded away by one of the girls, but continued anyway. "Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of good, too, and my aim, always, is to find it. Have to keep your head up or you'll miss the dawn, you know?" And he did know that he needed to hear that from himself as much as possible. Positivity kept you going just as much as nourishment or rest ever could.

“Cameron. And your name is... Maya I think?” Cam knew it was something like that. Kyle had made a point to pester everyone into telling him their name, so he could remember them. And then Cam made a point to pester him into telling her all the ones she didn’t know. Apparently ninja lady and fire girl hadn’t given him theirs.

~
Rylie was crawling over the roots of the first mountain. There were no trees here like you might have expected. Kyle had always seen pictures of mountains with trees around the base, but clearly these were a different type, the bottom being more of that emerald green grass.
Rylie moved swiftly, braking it up with times where he would freeze, the only movement his fur blowing in the wind and his ears flicking. He’d also open his mouth sometimes to draw in the scents on the wind.
A greenhare. Kyle could see it too, now, as Rylie crouched behind a bush. Greenhares were honestly disappointing. Kyle had been expecting a florescent green bunny, but it had grey, greasy, stringy hair like a sloth covered with an algae that made it green. Honestly sort of ugly and very disappointing.
“Rylie, you are not going after a greenhare,” Kyle said hopefully.
But Rylie had already activated the butt wiggles, stalking the rabbit.
The only thing Kyle could do now was hold on extra tight.
Step. Step. Step.
Pounce! Rylie threw all eighteen pounds of cat on the rabbit. But it had already spotted him and scampered away. Rylie landed heavily on the ground. Somewhat disappointed, Rylie licked his chest.
Aria nodded disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom