The Hidden Door-A Role Play (AKA The Most Dangerous Coffee Shop II)

Of course. She was stupid. Anxiety was making her stupid. Well, now I’ve done it! “Sorry, I panicked... I thought you were a guard. I- I just nearly got whipped and we knocked a guard out, so I’m kind of jumpy. Let’s just grab what we can and get out of here.”
"You... knocked a guard out." He echoed, the words not fully sinking in. "Seina. I- I don't care about me. Seina has to get out of here. She should be on her way back now." He said shaking his head slowly and gesturing toward an open tunnel at the back of the room. "She works in the kitchen near the surface, making food for Olim. She should be back soon." Grafe's eyes had become distant, and his voice hollow as he spoke of her. Worry eating at him. "You can't leave with out her. I won't help you unless you take her with you." He said his voice changing from a gentle request, to a firm demand.

Kipp slowly made his way across the open cavern, slipping between each hiding spot as quickly as he could watching the guards as they made their rounds. Eventually coming to the open area with the lower ceiling and crouching down in the hopes he could pretend he belonged there.

He sided up next to Fred and made awkward stabbing motions with the dull sword to make it look like he belonged there. "Hey. We have to go."
“But I can’t walk. Let alone run if we are chased. Kipp I think you should keep going without me. Chion can go with you, she needs to get out but I will only slow the operation down” Fred said a bit dejected

“But I can’t walk. Let alone run if we are chased. Kipp I think you should keep going without me. Chion can go with you, she needs to get out but I will only slow the operation down” Fred said a bit dejected
Kipp suddenly leaned forward putting his forehead against the cool rocky wall and closing his eyes. Why does everything have to keep going wrong? Do you really want us to leave you here? I doubt you'd move much slower than Emma, she's four. She takes like ten steps to my one.

"Fred." Kipp pushed himself back up away from the wall, turning to face Fred and stood as tall as he could. "Never give up! Never surrender!" He said proudly thumping his fist against his chest. He stared intently into his eyes, with a stern scowl on his face. Only breaking into a tired smile when he added, "Or, by Grabthar's hammer you'll be avenged, or something." trying to find some way make this horrible place a little less miserable.
"I'm not leaving you behind. If you really can't walk I'll stick you in a cart and drag you out." He said pointing at the near by cart that was partly filled with ore.

Kipp suddenly leaned forward putting his forehead against the cool rocky wall and closing his eyes. Why does everything have to keep going wrong? Do you really want us to leave you here? I doubt you'd move much slower than Emma, she's four. She takes like ten steps to my one.

"Fred." Kipp pushed himself back up away from the wall, turning to face Fred and stood as tall as he could. "Never give up! Never surrender!" He said proudly thumping his fist against his chest. He stared intently into his eyes, with a stern scowl on his face. Only breaking into a tired smile when he added, "Or, by Grabthar's hammer you'll be avenged, or something." trying to find some way make this horrible place a little less miserable.
"I'm not leaving you behind. If you really can't walk I'll stick you in a cart and drag you out." He said pointing at the near by cart that was partly filled with ore.
“Fine” Fred grumbled “I will try and keep up. I need some of that powder. Save me some so I might be able to recreate it”

“Fine” Fred grumbled “I will try and keep up. I need some of that powder. Save me some so I might be able to recreate it”

Kipp's tentative smile faded, his attempt to repair their fraying friendship being rejected again. He didn't understand why Fred wanted the candelous powder so badly. If it was a choice between using the last of it and getting caught, he would use it. Kipp's gaze slid over to Emma who was uncomplaining as she continued to work, despite the welts across her tiny back. If I don't save it, we won't be friends anymore. Are we friends now? I thought it was better... I don't understand. Why- because you got him beaten again. You didn't apologize. You're being stupid! You're gonna get them killed. How could you possibly think you could get them out safely?
"You're right. Forget it. It's a bad idea." He muttered backing away, "Ashira can save Take without us. We should stay put and wait for help."

Ciro immediately reddened and the wolf got even hotter against his bare chest. "Sorry, it's unintentional. Spanish is the language I was born into, but I've since picked up English, and now I can't always keep my words in only one." His eyes wandered to where the little man's cat was fumbling at the beginning incline of the mountain, and the resulting laugh relieved a bit of the unnecessary shame he was making himself suffer. "I guess- I guess my mind just moves too fast."
“Oh. I guess that sorta makes sense. Jemiel, a friend of mine is like that. He talks so fast he doesn’t make any sense. Only I can understand him.” Korim’s relentless grin grew more thoughtful at the memory of his friend. But will I see him again? Will I ever get home?
Korim followed Ciro’s gaze to the little man and his cat.
“He’s funny, isn’t he? I’ve never met a little person that was so brave. They’re sort of clingy, the ones I’ve seen. Looks like the cat found a green-hare.” Korim patted the bow that he was shouldering, resisting the urge to pursue the prey. That bow was reserved for bigger game, also, they’d brought lunch along.

Kipp's tentative smile faded, his attempt to repair their fraying friendship being rejected again. He didn't understand why Fred wanted the candelous powder so badly. If it was a choice between using the last of it and getting caught, he would use it. Kipp's gaze slid over to Emma who was uncomplaining as she continued to work, despite the welts across her tiny back. If I don't save it, we won't be friends anymore. Are we friends now? I thought it was better... I don't understand. Why- because you got him beaten again. You didn't apologize. You're being stupid! You're gonna get them killed. How could you possibly think you could get them out safely?
"You're right. Forget it. It's a bad idea." He muttered backing away, "Ashira can save Take without us. We should stay put and wait for help."
“What are you doing here, Kipp?” Noah had to do a lot of squinting through the dim light of his helmet to figure out that the guy with the funny-looking legs was in fact Kipp and not a danger.
He was sore and exhausted. “Wha—“

While the others dawdled at a horribly slow pace behind her, Blair continued on a quite always ahead of them. Kit trotted behind her, nose to the ground but never straying from the path.
Blair couldn't catch any scents from the people they were searching for. None. And she had a strange, fiery feeling racing along her skin, like she should have felt pain, but she didn't. It set her to further unease, urging her forward faster. As far as she was aware Kylan was the only one who was actually worried about the kids, as his brother was in the there. The others, however, couldn't care any less however their wellbeing.
They don't know what it's like. They don't have a niece and a friend and a partner taken. It's not their fault, they don't understand.
She constantly had to tell herself that, to stop herself from doing something stupid and hurting someone out of anger. We'll get there...

“What are you doing here, Kipp?” Noah had to do a lot of squinting through the dim light of his helmet to figure out that the guy with the funny-looking legs was in fact Kipp and not a danger.
He was sore and exhausted. “Wha—“
Kipp held back a snarky response, instead sighing and running a stiff hand through his hair.
"We're supposed to be meeting Take and getting out of here." He answered. He avoided looking at Fred, brushing past him to kneel down next to Noah. "Doesn't mean we'll make it out though. We could still get caught. Or," He hesitated, not sure just how much little kids should be aware of what could happen to them, but he couldn't justify not telling them. "they might turn us into those big monsters the we-sa. If that happens, we probably won't be able to go home."

“Um I can probably teleport up to 10 at a time. But the thing is I have to be able to visualise where I am going” Aria said meeting his intense stare

Kevin frowned. “What about if you can actually see it? Would that work?” He asked, spinning in a circle and doing a headcount. There’s more than 10 people. “Maybe it wouldn’t work... nevermind.” he murmured, shooting Aria a small glance and continuing down the path.

Kipp held back a snarky response, instead sighing and running a stiff hand through his hair.
"We're supposed to be meeting Take and getting out of here." He answered. He avoided looking at Fred, brushing past him to kneel down next to Noah. "Doesn't mean we'll make it out though. We could still get caught. Or," He hesitated, not sure just how much little kids should be aware of what could happen to them, but he couldn't justify not telling them. "they might turn us into those big monsters the we-sa. If that happens, we probably won't be able to go home."
Noah’s mind was slowed by hunger and exhaustion. It took him a few moments for it all to click? “...Escape?” His whisper resembled a small moan, all this tiredness slurred his words. “Going home? Turning into we-sas?” Confusion... why am I not home why can’t I go home why am I here why am I hungry why am I doing this twisted all the whys into a knot in his stomach while Noah crumbled.
He burst into tears. “I just wanna go hoooooome...” he moaned.

Back
Top Bottom