The Hidden Door-A Role Play (AKA The Most Dangerous Coffee Shop II)

Pics
His feathers made a whistling sound as they pushed though the cool air, he was glad now that he'd pushed himself to practice flying. "I take it dinosaurs have some special senses, most humans don't. How far do you think it is?" He asked, even from the higher vantage point he couldn't see a town or anything, only the fluttering canopy of leaves below.

Take grinned at the two, but it faded at Blair’s mention of something watching them that he was totally oblivious to. He knew the little creatures of the forest were watching them, didn’t think there was something more dangerous. He cocked his head and raised a brow, “Seriously? It’s probably paranoia from being in a spooky forest... but let me try something.” He stopped in his tracks and took his hands away from his head and cupped them around his mouth. He turned to face her, “Might wanna cover your ears.” he warned quietly before turning away from her, “WHOEVER IS OUT THERE STALKING US, YOU BETTER GET OUT HERE AND SHOW YOURSELF, OR ELSE I’M GONNA SHOW YOU A THING OR TWO, ALRIGHT?” Take yelled, then proceeded to obscenely cuss out what was out there. When he finished, he spat on the ground from the build up of saliva as he yelled. He relaxed his hands by his side, staring at Blair as he listened for any response. “There’s nothing out there.”

Blair slammed her hands over her ears when he screamed into the forest, winced. "Take!" She snapped in a harsh whisper. "Screaming obscenities into the woods is not going to solve anything. Especially in this place." She glanced behind her, shaking her head and removing her hands from her ears. "I don't know. Maybe I'm just paranoid. It's just..." She looked back to him. She swore she felt hot breath running down her neck again, traveling down her spine. It traced a path, causing gooseflesh to rise in its wake, even though she knew it wasn't real.
She looked down, closing her eyes briefly. She knew it wasn't real, and that she was being dramatic. But...
"I just can't shake the feeling that we're being watched," she looked back to him, eyes opening. "I know I'm being dramatic. It's just a weird feeling, that's all."
A tiny woman, dressed in leaves with short-cropped hair, balanced on the branch overhead. "Loma?" she asked. A tiny man scurried after her. They were hand-sized, like Kyle. "Canee italka?"
His feathers made a whistling sound as they pushed though the cool air, he was glad now that he'd pushed himself to practice flying. "I take it dinosaurs have some special senses, most humans don't. How far do you think it is?" He asked, even from the higher vantage point he couldn't see a town or anything, only the fluttering canopy of leaves below.
A creature, black as night, followed him. It was nearly invisible, but the stars were blotted out in its horrible wake. Silent wings beat like owls' wings, and the creature bore down on him from above.
The huge creature grabbed him in impossibly strong arms and subdued him with a brush of golden candelus powder that he held beneath the boy's nose. Within the space of a breath, Kipp was unconscious, without even the chance to fight. The glowing yellow powder blew away in the wind, and the we-sa turned north. Where all the action was. Without a glance at Kipp's companion.

Lilith sighed, nodding. "I've been thinking the same. If we can barely fend off wolves, how are three tiny kids going to? If they were alive and near us..." She paused, glancing around. "...I'd sense them. I don't. And those wolves weren't what I was originally sensing-- There was something else. Worse, in a... Weird, sense of the manner. It was intelligent, and strong. And they definitely weren't the creatures in the trees I saw."

Kevin glanced at her, his hand unconsciously glowing brighter. “We’ll find them. Kids can be smart, I’m sure they found shelter, or maybe more nice things things are here, and keeping them safe.” He said. Kevin frowned. “It has to be close for you to feel it, right? Do you still feel it?” He was growing increasingly uneasy, although he struggled to remain calm. If someone couldn’t tell what he was feeling, no one would be able to tell.

Juliana helped bane up into the tree, and then continued climbing up on her own. She didn't really like that they had ended up with the rest of the group, the tiny guy was far too bossy for his size. She stewed silently over how bossy he had been, like she'd follow his orders. He thought he was a bigger man than he really was. She'd been taking care of herself for years, and he thinks he can just come along and tell her what to do, and then say she was going to die just for not listening to him. A sharp whistle rippled though the quiet of the forest, she looked down to see again the little guy trying to boss people around. Juliana rolled her eyes continuing to climb. She caught glimpses of others leaving, raised voices drawing her attention. She looked down at Bane who was carefully following her up the tree.

"He thinks he's the king, doesn't he." She said sneering down at Kyle. "So much for not going with them."

Haddie looked at him out of the corner of her eye. Can he understand birds? Maybe.
"Not sure. Maybe... 6 miles."
A tiny woman, dressed in leaves with short-cropped hair, balanced on the branch overhead. "Loma?" she asked. A tiny man scurried after her. They were hand-sized, like Kyle. "Canee italka?"

A creature, black as night, followed him. It was nearly invisible, but the stars were blotted out in its horrible wake. Silent wings beat like owls' wings, and the creature bore down on him from above.
The huge creature grabbed him in impossibly strong arms and subdued him with a brush of golden candelus powder that he held beneath the boy's nose. Within the space of a breath, Kipp was unconscious, without even the chance to fight. The glowing yellow powder blew away in the wind, and the we-sa turned north. Where all the action was. Without a glance at Kipp's companion.
Haddie glanced over to see if Kipp had understood a word she had said, only to see a dangling foot disappearing. She screeched and banked, shifting to a peregrine falcon mid turn, darting after the rapidly disappearing Kipp.

Kipp gasped in surprise at the iron like arms wrapped tightly around his chest, instantly the forest below dissolved into a swirling black and green vortex with glowing golden flecks. Nausea and dizziness overwhelmed him, and then all was black.

(She chasin!!! I don't wanna make another velociraptor mistake... just must google)
(Ah, screw it. Let's go all out.)
I will not be responsible for another child's death. Haddie thought with resolve, before squeezing her eyes shut and shifting into a winged dragon. She fluttered a bit, her stomach rife with hunger pangs from the two massive shifts, but she soon regained her balance and flew towards the creature, roaring at it and blowing fire above it(nowhere near Kipp, of course.)

Back
Top Bottom