The Hidden Door-A Role Play (AKA The Most Dangerous Coffee Shop II)

Elias winced at the shrill scream that rang in his ears, he was found out, and soon everyone in the home would be rushing to find him. This did not work out well. He dropped his hand from Kit and held a look of defeat on his face; this was the last thing he wanted to happen. He gave a heavy sigh, standing himself up to face Cam, “Please, I’m just trying to find Take..” he told the girl, recognizing her from last years adventure.

Elias watched as Blair followed up behind Cam, visibly alert by the girls scream. “I traced your life force here” he began, glancing around the room, “When I sensed it, I had to come find you since you and Take both disappeared on the same day.” He had plenty of questions about why they were all here in this house, in Russia, why some wore some... interesting clothing, and why there was literally a wolf outside. Though these questions were irrelevant at the moment, and Elias only sought out the whereabouts of Take. “I can’t sense Take’s life force at all..” he whispered, gaze falling down to the floor “Haven’t been able to since he vanished.”
“Take is in Borealis... wait... do you know what Borealis is?” Cam asked. He seemed to know a lot of things, so it was possible he knew what Borealis was. Then again, Kyle was always a step ahead of them on the coffee shop adventure, and he didn’t seem to know what Borealis was. He came to the conclusion that humans with unusual abilities and appearances such as himself originally came from there. All the words came out at once, tumbling into one another, with occasional pauses for breath. “Borealis is in a different dimension. Take got sucked into a portal. A lot of us did. We’re linked, somehow, Kyle said. But Take wanted to stay there. We’re back now, but the police tried to stop us from going home so now we’re quarantined in Australia. You might not recognize everyone here. They’re new.” Cam didn’t know why she was spouting facts to the first acquaintance-and barely an acquaintance-that she met. But she just wanted to tell someone, anyone who would believe her.

Kevin arrived at the bottom of the stairs, still fuming. It’s my fault. I shouldn’t have assumed they would know better. With different cultures, I shouldn’t be surprised something like this would happen, he told himself, taking a deep breath to calm down.
He sank down into the sofa, closing his eyes. He mentally compiled a list of rules, even things that would have been obvious to him, until a scream echoed through the old house.
Kevin got to his feet, grabbing the shotgun off the mantle and rushing upstairs. Cam, pink haired man’s girlfriend, her dog, and some strange man were all grouped into one of the bedrooms.
Who are you?” Kevin asked, pointing the gun at the man. He knew he didn’t come through the portal with them. Were homeless people squatting here while he was away?
You cannot be here, sir. This is private property. I can drive you to the nearest homeless shelter, but that’s all I can do.”

Elias winced at the shrill scream that rang in his ears, he was found out, and soon everyone in the home would be rushing to find him. This did not work out well. He dropped his hand from Kit and held a look of defeat on his face; this was the last thing he wanted to happen. He gave a heavy sigh, standing himself up to face Cam, “Please, I’m just trying to find Take..” he told the girl, recognizing her from last years adventure.

Elias watched as Blair followed up behind Cam, visibly alert by the girls scream. “I traced your life force here” he began, glancing around the room, “When I sensed it, I had to come find you since you and Take both disappeared on the same day.” He had plenty of questions about why they were all here in this house, in Russia, why some wore some... interesting clothing, and why there was literally a wolf outside. Though these questions were irrelevant at the moment, and Elias only sought out the whereabouts of Take. “I can’t sense Take’s life force at all..” he whispered, gaze falling down to the floor “Haven’t been able to since he vanished.”
“Take is in Borealis... wait... do you know what Borealis is?” Cam asked. He seemed to know a lot of things, so it was possible he knew what Borealis was. Then again, Kyle was always a step ahead of them on the coffee shop adventure, and he didn’t seem to know what Borealis was. He came to the conclusion that humans with unusual abilities and appearances such as himself originally came from there. All the words came out at once, tumbling into one another, with occasional pauses for breath. “Borealis is in a different dimension. Take got sucked into a portal. A lot of us did. We’re linked, somehow, Kyle said. But Take wanted to stay there. We’re back now, but the police tried to stop us from going home so now we’re quarantined in Australia. You might not recognize everyone here. They’re new.” Cam didn’t know why she was spouting facts to the first acquaintance-and barely an acquaintance-that she met. But she just wanted to tell someone, anyone who would believe her.
Kevin arrived at the bottom of the stairs, still fuming. It’s my fault. I shouldn’t have assumed they would know better. With different cultures, I shouldn’t be surprised something like this would happen, he told himself, taking a deep breath to calm down.
He sank down into the sofa, closing his eyes. He mentally compiled a list of rules, even things that would have been obvious to him, until a scream echoed through the old house.
Kevin got to his feet, grabbing the shotgun off the mantle and rushing upstairs. Cam, pink haired man’s girlfriend, her dog, and some strange man were all grouped into one of the bedrooms.
Who are you?” Kevin asked, pointing the gun at the man. He knew he didn’t come through the portal with them. Were homeless people squatting here while he was away?
You cannot be here, sir. This is private property. I can drive you to the nearest homeless shelter, but that’s all I can do.”
Blair's heart dropped at Take's name. How was she going to explain to him that Take decided to stay in a somewhat deadly pararell universe, with the chances of seeing him anytime soon were slim.
But Cam already barged in on the conversation. "Take decided to stay in the alternate universe that we were sucked into. He's not coming back anytime soon." She didn't have time to dwell on how much it hurt her to say that, because Kevin came rushing up the stairs, shotgun in hand and pointing it directly at Elias.
"Stop," she moved towards Elias slightly when the gun was pointed at him. "That's Elias, Take's guardian. He's not going to hurt anyone."

Elias drew his brows together, thinking hard about what Cam was explaining to him. Alternate realities, dimensions, universes and the such were things he wasn’t completely knowledgeable of, they were more theories and speculations to him. Elias had to believe her either way, as it did make sense somewhat. He just didn’t understand why Take would want to stay in another dimension. What was there for him?
Elias immediately went wide eyed at the sight of the shotgun being pointed directly in his direction. He raised his hands up and took a step back cautiously, not understanding a word Kevin said. He was scolding the young boy in English earlier...
Blair's heart dropped at Take's name. How was she going to explain to him that Take decided to stay in a somewhat deadly pararell universe, with the chances of seeing him anytime soon were slim.
But Cam already barged in on the conversation. "Take decided to stay in the alternate universe that we were sucked into. He's not coming back anytime soon." She didn't have time to dwell on how much it hurt her to say that, because Kevin came rushing up the stairs, shotgun in hand and pointing it directly at Elias.
"Stop," she moved towards Elias slightly when the gun was pointed at him. "That's Elias, Take's guardian. He's not going to hurt anyone."
Just as Elias was about to explain himself, Blair stepped up to defend him. He nodded to her words, “Yes, and I apologize for intruding your home and property, it was wrong for me to do so. I was only here to find out what happened to Take.. and I don’t intend on staying.” he spoke humbly to Kevin, keeping his hands raised.

Elias drew his brows together, thinking hard about what Cam was explaining to him. Alternate realities, dimensions, universes and the such were things he wasn’t completely knowledgeable of, they were more theories and speculations to him. Elias had to believe her either way, as it did make sense somewhat. He just didn’t understand why Take would want to stay in another dimension. What was there for him?

Elias immediately went wide eyed at the sight of the shotgun being pointed directly in his direction. He raised his hands up and took a step back cautiously, not understanding a word Kevin said. He was scolding the young boy in English earlier...

Just as Elias was about to explain himself, Blair stepped up to defend him. He nodded to her words, “Yes, and I apologize for intruding your home and property, it was wrong for me to do so. I was only here to find out what happened to Take.. and I don’t intend on staying.” he spoke humbly to Kevin, keeping his hands raised.
“Uhh, really sorry about alerting the whole house. I just got a bit startled,” Cam said. “We know him,” she explained. Every word she spoke probably wasn’t helping, but she said them anyways.

“Uhh, really sorry about alerting the whole house. I just got a bit startled,” Cam said. “We know him,” she explained. Every word she spoke probably wasn’t helping, but she said them anyways.

(Well I can’t write today. Sorry.)

Kevin didn’t lower his weapon, keeping his gaze on Elias. “You might know him, and that’s great that you do, but I don’t. A man has been hiding in my house instead of introducing himself like a rational person would, and for me that means trouble,” Kevin explained. His voice was calm, and devoid of any emotion. “Forgive me for being uptight, but after having my attic torn up I’m a little on edge.”

Aria heard a scream and bolted up the stairs “what in god-“ she broke off catching sight of the man “who the heck are you?” She saw Kevins shotgun and decided he must be bad news, she shuffled slightly closer to Kevin “should I call the cops? Or are you gonna shoot him?” She whispered

Kevin briefly glanced at Aria. “Cops? No. Shoot him... We’ll see. I have this under control.” He said quietly.

Kevin didn’t lower his weapon, keeping his gaze on Elias. “You might know him, and that’s great that you do, but I don’t. A man has been hiding in my house instead of introducing himself like a rational person would, and for me that means trouble,” Kevin explained. His voice was calm, and devoid of any emotion. “Forgive me for being uptight, but after having my attic torn up I’m a little on edge.”

Kevin briefly glanced at Aria. “Cops? No. Shoot him... We’ll see. I have this under control.” He said quietly.
I think he teleported here, thought Cam. No, I should just stop. No talking.

“ok” she agreed

(No worries)
Elias sighed, not sure of what else to say to this young man, as it could easily determine his fate. I certainly don’t want to be blasted away by a shotgun... but I can’t make any risky movements in this position. The clothes he was wearing were lightweight, only a tri-colored flannel shirt, brown pants, and black leather shoes. There were no visible signs that he was concealing a weapon, though the only items in his possession was the infamous infinite bag and a short wooden rod in his back pockets. His gaze drifted towards Blair, hoping he could resume his conversation with her about Take; only if he survived this confrontation at least.

Back
Top Bottom