The Hidden Door-A Role Play (AKA The Most Dangerous Coffee Shop II)

Cam considered the options... leave the forest or have to deal with Miss "You're All Freaks" Grumpypants. Cam kind of liked the forest and also wanted to be a nuisance, so she held her ground. And maybe she could find something in common with this insufferable girl. One might say a stubborn streak, but Cam only found herself to be stubborn around Julianna. She seemed to have that effect on everyone. "No, I don't mind it here," Cam said cooly, leaning against the deeply-furrowed trunk of a pine.

Juli pursed her lips, trying to figure out what Cam wanted from her.

"I'm not apologizing."

Juli pursed her lips, trying to figure out what Cam wanted from her.

"I'm not apologizing."
“I didn’t ask you to,” Cam said. She had all but forgotten about the nose-punching, despite the throbbing. The sudden disappearance of Blair occupied her much more.

Elias gave a small hum to her words, remaining silent for some time before speaking again. “Just be wary if you ever leave this place to go into a town.. I don’t know the situation here with the virus and all.” He advised firmly, rising to his feet and grabbing his staff. It was best to make his departure soon and get some rest; after all it was past midnight in California. He reached into his back pocket and pulled out a small burlap bag that seemed to be empty. He had a feeling she’d recognize it almost immediately, “Can you do me a favor and give this to Take when he meets up with you? There’s a box with some of his belongings that I thought he would need... also I think there’s something for you in it too, I’m not sure— it’s been a while since I packed it.” he explained, extending the bag out to her.
Blair recognized the bag instantly, carefully taking the bag. "Thank you. And I will, don't worry." She nodded, giving him a small smile. She pulled away from the tree, looking back into the direction they came from, still hearing Juliana and Cam. "I guess this is goodbye, then." She backed away slowly, giving a wave. "Take care. And if you need me...well, you know where I'll be."

“I didn’t ask you to,” Cam said. She had all but forgotten about the nose-punching, despite the throbbing. The sudden disappearance of Blair occupied her much more.
The only other thing she could imagine Cam was trying to say was that she should be the one to leave. All this time she'd wanted nothing more than to go back home, and now that they made it back she was still stuck with people who didn't want her around. She didn't want to try again. Why should she, it wasn't like any of them cared to know anything about her. She didn't want them to know anything. Once this was over she'd never see any of them again. So why bother putting in the effort? Then again who knew when this new problem would be solved, she could be stuck with them for another 3 months for all she knew. It would be in her best interests to make some kind of friendships even if they were temporary.

Juli let out a frustrated sigh. "You make good pancakes." She grumbled studying the flaking bark of a tall pine with a sharp glare.

The only other thing she could imagine Cam was trying to say was that she should be the one to leave. All this time she'd wanted nothing more than to go back home, and now that they made it back she was still stuck with people who didn't want her around. She didn't want to try again. Why should she, it wasn't like any of them cared to know anything about her. She didn't want them to know anything. Once this was over she'd never see any of them again. So why bother putting in the effort? Then again who knew when this new problem would be solved, she could be stuck with them for another 3 months for all she knew. It would be in her best interests to make some kind of friendships even if they were temporary.

Juli let out a frustrated sigh. "You make good pancakes." She grumbled studying the flaking bark of a tall pine with a sharp glare.
“Thank you!” Cam said, not sure how to return the compliment. Juli hadn’t done anything that really deserved compliments, other than rescuing some “freak” children in Borealis, and that was ages ago. And “you’re pretty,” was weird, and “I like your hair,” because it really was very nice, even with the brown roots, sounded forced. So she pressed her lips together and looked up at the pine branches, black against the pale sky.
“It’s really nice here, but I wish I was home.”

Blair recognized the bag instantly, carefully taking the bag. "Thank you. And I will, don't worry." She nodded, giving him a small smile. She pulled away from the tree, looking back into the direction they came from, still hearing Juliana and Cam. "I guess this is goodbye, then." She backed away slowly, giving a wave. "Take care. And if you need me...well, you know where I'll be."
Elias smiled graciously, “I really appreciate it.” He tightened his grasp on the staff, preparing himself to teleport back home. “I will. Make sure your group stays safe out here. Farewell.” were his final words before disappearing from sight, leaving behind the contorted tree bench as the only sign of his prior presence.

“Thank you!” Cam said, not sure how to return the compliment. Juli hadn’t done anything that really deserved compliments, other than rescuing some “freak” children in Borealis, and that was ages ago. And “you’re pretty,” was weird, and “I like your hair,” because it really was very nice, even with the brown roots, sounded forced. So she pressed her lips together and looked up at the pine branches, black against the pale sky.
“It’s really nice here, but I wish I was home.”
"Mmm." Was her only response. She wanted to go home too, though she suspected her parents thought she was dead. Disappearing in the middle of winter was a good way to make people think that.

She looked at Cam wondering if she would again have to be the one to make an effort. The problem was she didn't care about where Cam lived and if she asked, she'd then be obliged to listen. Maybe there was something they both found interesting, not that she could think of anything. Cooking certainly wasn't something she'd find enjoyable.

"Uhh, you like.... Trees?" She asked, randomly guessing soley based on the fact that Cam was leaning against one.

"Mmm." Was her only response. She wanted to go home too, though she suspected her parents thought she was dead. Disappearing in the middle of winter was a good way to make people think that.

She looked at Cam wondering if she would again have to be the one to make an effort. The problem was she didn't care about where Cam lived and if she asked, she'd then be obliged to listen. Maybe there was something they both found interesting, not that she could think of anything. Cooking certainly wasn't something she'd find enjoyable.

"Uhh, you like.... Trees?" She asked, randomly guessing soley based on the fact that Cam was leaning against one.
(here comes a reply that comes from my soul because I would actually do the exact same thing)
“Yes! I love trees!” Cam blurted, bouncing on her toes. “The ones in Borealis were so big and beautiful and ancient! Sort of majestic. I really love it...” Cam realized she was rambling. She tilted her head to the side. “Uh... do you like trees?” She almost added what’s your favorite kind? because she was guenuinely curious and was excited to declare her own favorite, the Ohio Buckeye. But that would be awkward if it turned out Julianna couldn’t differentiate between the species.

(here comes a reply that comes from my soul because I would actually do the exact same thing)
“Yes! I love trees!” Cam blurted, bouncing on her toes. “The ones in Borealis were so big and beautiful and ancient! Sort of majestic. I really love it...” Cam realized she was rambling. She tilted her head to the side. “Uh... do you like trees?” She almost added what’s your favorite kind? because she was guenuinely curious and was excited to declare her own favorite, the Ohio Buckeye. But that would be awkward if it turned out Julianna couldn’t differentiate between the species.
(Mean while I cringe at my girls reaction. She's so much like my sister. I think my favorite that I've seen in person, is the Black spruce)

"Oh geez, calm down." She said grimacing as she waved her hands back and forth. "Yeah, they're ok? Probably, the best part of the city, back home."

Kipp hopped in the window behind Noah his jaw dropping at the stunning interior of the mustard yellow building. The walls were painted a dark red with crisp white trim, and the ceiling was higher than he'd ever seen a ceiling before. As he'd suspected it was some kind of museum, walls of protective glass stood all through the room, with all sorts of ornate things on display. He immediately knew that going in there was a mistake, and they should leave.

"Uhh, Noah? This place is... Super cool, but uhh, we're probably breaking all sorts of laws. We should go before we get in trouble."

Back
Top Bottom