The Honey Factory

Look I replied at any area where the poster ASKED for help. I only replied where he'd freshly asked for new ideas. And its reasonable to post then.

But look at all you guys ganging up on me.

Sad.

I regret getting involved with this forum.

That is ridiculous. There are 117 pages in that thread. And you guys expecting that someone has to read through that many pages before they 'have the right' to post will drive people away from this site.

I guess its time to look for a new forum.
I do believe I said you should skim, and if it is a big thread to read several pages at the beginning and several at the end. Not that you had to read the whole thing in depth.

Look I replied at any area where the poster ASKED for help. I only replied where he'd freshly asked for new ideas. And its reasonable to post then.

Sad.

We’re not at all ‘ganging up’ on you. Just trying to coach on how to be more effective. If you’re taking it personally, I believe you’re taking it wrong.

Sad.

Yeah, I dunno... I like to skim back and see what was going on from the beginning of the problem and what advice has already been given. It saves me time, not posting things that have already been suggested or tried. Otherwise I'm kind of walking up in the middle of a conversation and saying the same things those I'm approaching have already hashed out (maybe more than once). Or at the least I might greet everyone and then listen for a while to get an idea as to where the conversation is, currently.

I don't think (hope I wouldn't) walk up to a group of people I haven't ever spoken with and start taking charge of the problem as I understand it and holding forth as an expert (even if I happen to be one) without taking time to find out what's been happening before I wandered up...

@karenerwin whats happening with your little buzzers?
I'm not actually sure. My Mom passed away on September 6th and we just had her funeral today, Saturday, September 19th. So I haven't had the chance to check on them since she passed.
The small hive beetle traps and the clear hive covers I ordered weeks ago finally arrived yesterday. I'm not sure when I will be able to add them to the hives because our temperatures have really dropped. Today's high was 69 degrees and the low is supposed to be 44 degrees.
I have seen them out and about ( the bees that is). We have a decent sized patch of ragweed and the bees have been all over that as well as a little bit of some weed with lots of small white flowers on them.
I was a bit perplexed by the clear covers as they are just clear plastic domes that have no way to attach to the hive. I asked my husband to build a wooden frame to attach the plastic dome to so that I can lower it over the top of the hive. I am a bit concerned that the temperatures are getting too cool for me to actually use the clear domes now.
I'm also not sure if I still need to put the shb trapes on now or not. I was thinking that I had read or heard somewhere that the colder temperatures drive them out too, but I have no idea if that is true or not or whether the bees keep the inside of the hive warm enough so that it doesn't really apply anyway. :idunno

I really need to see if my mentor is available to come over and check the hives with me and help me to understand what I need to do and when I need to do it before winter actually gets here.

I am hopeful that I can suit up tomorrow and at least open the hive ( if it gets above 70) and check the status of the bees, the beetles, the honey, and whatever else I need to be checking!

How are your bees doing? (I'm going to go back and see if you reported about them before this post)!

I'm not actually sure. My Mom passed away on September 6th and we just had her funeral today, Saturday, September 19th. So I haven't had the chance to check on them since she passed.
The small hive beetle traps and the clear hive covers I ordered weeks ago finally arrived yesterday. I'm not sure when I will be able to add them to the hives because our temperatures have really dropped. Today's high was 69 degrees and the low is supposed to be 44 degrees.
I have seen them out and about ( the bees that is). We have a decent sized patch of ragweed and the bees have been all over that as well as a little bit of some weed with lots of small white flowers on them.
I was a bit perplexed by the clear covers as they are just clear plastic domes that have no way to attach to the hive. I asked my husband to build a wooden frame to attach the plastic dome to so that I can lower it over the top of the hive. I am a bit concerned that the temperatures are getting too cool for me to actually use the clear domes now.
I'm also not sure if I still need to put the shb trapes on now or not. I was thinking that I had read or heard somewhere that the colder temperatures drive them out too, but I have no idea if that is true or not or whether the bees keep the inside of the hive warm enough so that it doesn't really apply anyway. :idunno

I really need to see if my mentor is available to come over and check the hives with me and help me to understand what I need to do and when I need to do it before winter actually gets here.

I am hopeful that I can suit up tomorrow and at least open the hive ( if it gets above 70) and check the status of the bees, the beetles, the honey, and whatever else I need to be checking!

How are your bees doing? (I'm going to go back and see if you reported about them before this post)!

i am So sorry to hear about your Mother.

Let us know about your bees when you can and I would like photos of the dome thingy. It sounds cool..

I was going into my bees today, but 45 and windy stopped me.

I'm sorry to about your mother.
You can use beetle traps year round.
The dome viewer is not a permanent lid, its an observation lid. I've already switched over from my bee max lids to my wooden lids.

Back
Top Bottom